Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 82' GS 650GL

Here's a pic I took last fall.

And here's a pic I took the other day. These bars are just temporary, until I buy the clubman bars I want. I'm also in the process of shortening the front forks. I'm also planning on switching to a side mount taillight, finding a better seat situation, and repainting it. I gave it a quick cheap paint job before I stored it for winter, to prevent any start of rust on the new tank (it was bare metal). It's far from stock, but It's still a gs650!
    Attached Files

Comment

I'll be going custom powder coat pretty soon on my T. My buddy I've known since we were kids owns a Powder Coat business and he does a lot of vintage rice burners. He does all the powder coating for Limey Bikes. My tank has a pretty good ding on the right side top. So I ordered another tank. I also ordered another rear fender because the current one had a split and was welded in a spot and was poorly done.

As as soon as the tank comes in we're going to decide what to do. I'm definitely going with a custom metal flake. I'm also going to powder coat the foot pegs, shifter and rear brake for contrast against the aluminum. Eventually the tree, forks, wheels and levers. The header will eventually get a ceramic coating.

It will be on ongoing process doing a little at a time as I can put the money into it. But it's going to be sick!

Comment

Originally posted by Druid View Post

1977 GS750.

GSXR750 slabside yokes and forks
        Honda VFR750 brake master cylinder and calipers
        Honda CB600F Hornet brake discs
        GSXR1100 slingshot rearsets
        18" x 2.15 alloy front wheel rim
        17" x 3.5 alloy rear wheel rim
        Giuilari 2-4 seat copy
        Unknown make 4-1 exhaust
        K&N filters

Love this! I've got a 77 GS750 as well and I'm adding your's to my inspiration folder. Did you find that seat somewhere or make it yourself?

Comment

Originally posted by Indiesol View Post
          It's nothing compared to most of the other bikes in this thread, but here's my GS1100 Shafty. . .

Gotta love being shameless.....
          She's a beaut, equal to or better than most of the bikes in this thread. And to think that she is the end result of a wreck! Don't be so humble. Be shameless!

Comment

Comment

Nice looking GS1100G. Stock/modified seat, or?

Comment

Completely custom... Here is the build... http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=64180.0

Comment

OK well this is my GS (or GSX as we call it ) It's been four years in the making and nearly finished but not quite. It has a beast of a 1260cc engine and other bits and pieces so can't wait to try it out. A track day at Philip Island is on the cards for next year when it's run in, dyno'ed and properly set up

Comment

Originally posted by siminoz View Post
                    OK well this is my GS (or GSX as we call it ) It's been four years in the making and nearly finished but not quite. It has a beast of a 1260cc engine and other bits and pieces so can't wait to try it out. A track day at Philip Island is on the cards for next year when it's run in, dyno'ed and properly set up

Very cool paint, and that side porthole is especially unusual I guess no cornering clearance issues with this beast?

Also welcome aboard; I see this is your first post. A 1260 YouTube Video would be very appropriate

Comment

Thanks. I'm picking it up from the electricians tomorrow so maybe a 1260 youtube video might be in order soon. I'm hoping ground clearance won't be an issue as I've put a lot of work into making sure this thing accommodates the generous HP that the motor will be asking it to contain.

Comment

What kind of heat shielding are you using to avoid broiled balls?
                        "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
                        ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                        1982 CB900f

Comment

I'm using this http://www.thermalvelocity.com.au/Ex...rap/p-105-410/ wrapped around the muffler (lol) and end pipe as it runs up and under the seat and out through the tailpiece. The aluminium ring which surrounds the end tip of the exhaust has been treated to protect the plastic and paint on the tailpiece.
                          I have lined the underside of the seat base with this http://www.thermalvelocity.com.au/He...eld/p-113-465/ And have also covered the battery box, electronics tray, etc with the same stuff. Hopefully this will keep me and my electrics protected

Comment

siminoz,

Bike looks great. Quite an innovative exhaust.
                            sigpic
                            83 GS1100g
                            2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Thanks Charlie.I'm just looking through the forum for the correct place to introduce myself and share a few pics of the build and so on.

Comment

The owners section is where intros most often happen, but this works great!
                                sigpic
                                83 GS1100g
                                2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Working...
                                X