No announcement yet.

Post a picture of your custom GS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice looking. I would like to see a better picture of how you made the gauge cluster wind deflector.

Originally posted by G-3 View Post
    78 Gs 750
    82 gs1100e FAUX Skunk
    80 gs1000s

Comment

Took this one while playing the riding game... 83 GR 650...
      Jedz Moto
      1980 Suzuki GS1000G
      1988 Honda GL1500-6
      2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
      2020 Honda Monkey Z125
      2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
      Originally posted by Hayabuser
      Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by jbird7262 View Post
        Ese92, looks like good start, what is the end result? I think the rear needs a bit of attention, different seat pan with rear cowl, shorten rear fender so its closer to the seat area, current seat takes away from the lines, many different cafe style seat pans out there. Keep it up.
        Thank you! Yes the seat and the rear end are the next move. That seat on my bike is definitely the wrong one for that model. Im Looking at a couple seats on dimecitycycles with a new pan, and i might either remove, or shorten the rear fender and do a smaller brake light. Just made some number plates to cover my sides of the battery! Will post new pictures later on this year hopefully.

Comment

Sup, fellas?

Been awhile, but I cleaned up the bike with yet another tank seat combo.

Forgot to take pics after riding, will update with some better shots.
          Attached Files

Comment

Mister Cinders, its good to see you back.
            sigpic
            When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
            -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
            -Rusty old scooter.
            Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
            https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
            https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Cinders View Post
              Sup, fellas?

Been awhile, but I cleaned up the bike with yet another tank seat combo.

Forgot to take pics after riding, will update with some better shots.

Ah you kids today with your low bars.
              The vintage Suzuki badging is very cool.
              2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by G-3 View Post
                78 Gs 750
                Very nice, I like the shortened seat and rear fender, finishes it nicely.

congrats, well done!
                1978 Gs1085 compliments of Popy Yosh, Bandit 1200 wheels and front end, VM33 Smoothbores, Yosh exhaust, braced frame, ported polished head
                1983 Gs1100ESD, rebuild finished! Body paintwork happening winter 2017

I would rather trust my bike to a technician that reads the service manual than some backyardigan that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix things.

Comment

Originally posted by gordinho80 View Post

Without a doubt my favorite Mario, one sick beast! Because it's a 1100G? I dunno, probably.
                  I like the tank and headlight paint colors particularly, and the seat looks comfy.
                  Looks like you used salvaged foot setbacks, like to know what from?
                  Last edited by Buffalo Bill; 06-12-2015, 10:47 PM.
                  "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                  1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                  1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                  1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Thanks! The seat is pretty comfy. Haven't gotten around to installing the rear pegs yet. I might change the seat into a solo seat. The rearsets came off a early 2000s Hayabusa that apparently was being parted out on Craigslist. I still need to cut and paint the front fender and make new side panels. I will be moving the electronics on the left side of the battery first, as some of it sticks out a little further than I'd like and I want to make the new panels as close as possible to the frame. Also considering painting the header wrap.

Comment

I thought of Suzuki when I saw those foot pegs, they resemble those on a 1990s GSXF Katana.
                      I'd recommend the bar end weights from a Katana or a Hayabusa because they are the biggest I've seen.
                      I want to put endwights on my Katana project because my clip-ons are made of aluminum and vibrate like a tuning fork.
                      I wanna put em on my 1100G too, as I'm using a Drag bar on that.
                      "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                      1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                      1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                      1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Currently running bar end mirrors, so the weights wouldn't work.

Comment

IMG_20150530_193107081.jpg
                          My GS650L with fresh aqua blueish paint, repaired side covers, new grips and mirrors. Plenty more to do still. Next is bars, and seat

Comment

My 1980 Gs850g undergoing a café transformation! waiting on the café tail to come in! 9K original miles! from Sioux Falls, SD. I will post more pictures when it is painted.
                            Attached Files

Comment

This was the original color but its getting painted a BMW steel teal!
                              Attached Files

Comment

IMG_20150615_201646.jpg
                                My bobber project just about complete, just need the carbs synced

Comment

Working...
                                X