Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sampb92 View Post

My bobber project just about complete, just need the carbs synced
    And rejetted, too, with the open pipes. I would prefer, for everyone around, that some mufflers be fitted. They'll making the jetting easier too.
    Dogma
    --
    O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you! - David

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
    '80 GS850 GLT
    '80 GS1000 GT
    '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

Originally posted by Sampb92 View Post

My bobber project just about complete, just need the carbs synced
      It looks nice except for the lack of mufflers. It kind of looks like parts fell off and they weren't replaced.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by one_civic View Post
          That looks VERY nice!
          1978 Gs1085 compliments of Popy Yosh, Bandit 1200 wheels and front end, VM33 Smoothbores, Yosh exhaust, braced frame, ported polished head
          1983 Gs1100ESD, rebuild finished! Body paintwork happening winter 2017

I would rather trust my bike to a technician that reads the service manual than some backyardigan that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix things.

Comment

My first post still working on it. 1982 Suzuki Gs1100ez got from my father-in-law. He owned it since 01 but never titled it. So currently working on the title.
            Attached Files

Comment

Civic, congrats on finally finding a pipe.
              How about a couple more pics.
              2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

I just rebuilt / restored these 76P-1296 older Koni's, Had a hell of a hard time finding seals as they do not make them for these anymore, Found a guy who rebuilds older Koni's and bought a set of NOS seals.
                  She's slowly getting there...

Comment

Glad to see that your bike is coming along nicely. Haven't seen those Koni shocks in a long time. Is this the bike I gave you the switch part for last year?

Comment

that's a nice looking pipe. what is it off of?

Comment

Yes Phred, Thanks again for that switch, hopefully I'll see you at the Oxford Mills Run in a few weeks. Weapon, this pipe is for a 78 Gs750

Comment

ah ok thanks. It looks like a newer style muffler, I guess I was hoping you had managed to fit something still being sold new.

Comment

No it's a vintage pipe and the only one I have seen on the late 70's 750's

Comment

Here's my custom 1980 GS550 hard-tail. Still a lot to do, but it's coming along. The next thing on my agenda is to possibly chop the rear fender, as I don't like the shape/size of it, strip it down/dry flake it and fab up a good set of pipes that'll take it all the way to the rear of the bike.

DSC_0478 by Ryanjayx, on Flickr

Comment

Gs850c just finished!
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X