Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks guys!

@DB:
    I had some time last year to get used to the bars lol. initially it was like driving a wheelbarrow, but I don't mind them now. but as for the overall look of the bike now I absolutely love it where before I had always been a katana guy and kind of lukewarm on the E and the ES styling.

@Steve:
    I do have that guys web page saved and I am considering it for the second set. I started the revamp on the gs at the beginning of summer though and with all the ordering and waiting for parts from china, there was only a month left to ride so I elected not to have these ones worked over.

Comment

Hello gsresources community! This is my first post here at this wonderful website. Here's my 82 GS650GL. Lowered front with clip-on on top of the triple tree. (I know a lot of people don't like clip-ons... but i love it.) She has a little charging problem, but I have rick's stator and Shindengen SH775 coming her way! Very excited for this season.

DSC_0096.jpg

Comment

and here she is taking a break from brutal traffic in boston
        11269828_2396092261742_5440455401339989673_n.jpg

Comment

Nice bike, That's a ballsy place to snap a picture. Welcome to GSR. Not sure what route that is but reminds me of the Sumner tunnel.

Comment

Thanks isleoman, idk the name of the tunnel but it was on rt93 south through boston. The engine started over heating so I hung out there for a bit to let it cool down a bit. (and a picture of course!) After that I had to lane split until I was through the traffic.

Comment

Originally posted by pete View Post
              I totally get it... that is awesome work! Very '80's of the future... I like it

Tell me... what happened with the front frame rails? I assume there's some extra reinforcement over the engine?
              if you have a look the whole chassis is monocoque, ie tank is part of the frame, headstock in tank etc, two years later the guy, Steve Roberts, built the worlds first carbon fibre/kevlar chassis that was the first on the raod at the isle of man TT, it was also monocoqye and used a GS1000 engine
              Attached Files

Comment

Ah now I see! Just went back and looked closer and I can see that clearly now
                1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

20150703_172123.jpg

78 skunk. 4-1 pipe, pods drag bars. planning on doing the side covers matte black before spring along with the lower fork tubes and a fresh coat on the exhaust. also plan to cut the seat down and recover it. cant decide on what kind of mirrors i want. going to move the rear signals into the brake light as well.

Comment

what wheels are these?
                    Originally posted by mattfeet View Post
                    Wow this bike is gorgeous.

Comment

9e67a434dac367bc701f8ecefb49b5a9.jpg
                      Not my bike but I really like this.

Comment

I started a build thread for my GS a long time ago, but I never updated it:

Are you doing a restoration project of some kind on a GS? Let everyone see what you are doing by posting the details here.

After five winters It's finally done!

Comment

Really nice. A good clean build.
                          80 GS850GT " Are we having fun yet! "

Comment

Nice motorcycle Shadow. It's nice to see quality workmanship. 👍

There have been a few nice custom motorcycles showing up on GSR lately. Keep them coming.
                            My Motorcycles:
                            22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                            22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                            82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                            81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                            79 1000e (all original)
                            82 850g (all original)
                            80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Originally posted by Sliim280 View Post
                              78 skunk. 4-1 pipe, pods drag bars. planning on doing the side covers matte black before spring along with the lower fork tubes and a fresh coat on the exhaust. also plan to cut the seat down and recover it. cant decide on what kind of mirrors i want. going to move the rear signals into the brake light as well.
                              Nice looking project so far.
                              Gold wheels look like a good idea for mine, they would work with the gold pin stripes over black of the OEM finish.
                              "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                              1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                              1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                              1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Originally posted by Blower View Post
                                My supercharged -86 GS 1150.

This winters project -84 GS 1150.

Great metal work!
                                Are those actual gas holding tanks, or just covers?
                                Looks like you may have an English Wheel to do that level of smooth metal forming.
                                Great!
                                Last edited by Buffalo Bill; 04-04-2016, 08:47 AM.
                                "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                                1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                                1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                                1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Working...
                                X