No announcement yet.

Post a picture of your custom GS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's make it so we can see what you've got going on.
    Last edited by Charlie G; 04-25-2016, 07:41 PM.
    sigpic
    83 GS1100g
    2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Thanks Charlie G! Wasn't sure how to make the picture bigger.

Comment

IMG_0453.jpgNot too many areas on this bike left that I haven't touched.

Comment

Good stuff, that's a nice neat job! Is the seat pan custom made? I like how it sits against the back of the tank to prevent the mounting bolts causing injury...
          1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
          1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

I hand made that seat from fiberglass, thanks!

Comment

Here are a few of a 450GA I am having built for my son. Its kind cool I think. IMG_0178.jpg

Comment

Looks like it is being nicely done.
                sigpic
                83 GS1100g

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Originally posted by Acfella View Post
                  Here are a few of a 450GA I am having built for my son. Its kind cool I think. [ATTACH=CONFIG]45724[/ATTACH]
                  Looks great! Generally not a fan of bobbers, probably because they are usually hacked together, but this looks like some quality work. Might look better with clip-ons instead, but I'm sure it's more comfortable this way.
                  1983 GS650G
                  Build thread: http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=66251.0

Comment

Thanks I appreciate it. Considering where it came from it looks a lot better. As you can see I had the rear of the frame chopped. The PO did some of it but, well...you know. I had the wheels, frame, swing arm and drive shaft tunnel powder coated Gun Metal Gray. Then I found a smaller tank from another GS...not sure which one (I really wanted a GS250 tank but could not find one) had the dents removed and smoothed it out and had it painted 10% gloss black. I had the front fender chopped and we custom made the rear fender along with the "sissy bar" and painted them the same 10% gloss black.

Now we need to tune the carbs...I replaced the pipes with these from Dime City Cycle and put in pod filters. We eliminated the key and went with a keyless fob completely rewired it and put in LED tail light and turn signals along with an integrated LED turn signal/head light combo Plus we put on new low rise bars, perch's and levers. It should be fun for him I hope. He was wanting a scooter for heavens sake and I thought this would be a good compromise. LOL 20151218_123118.jpg

Comment

Thanks again for the props. My kid liked the bobber style and I agree with you most of them do to look very good. Some look awesome so with a limited budget this is what we came up with. I think all total I will have about 3k into this thing. Little things keep coming up like new tires ( I know not little but since I had the receipt from the PO who put them on in 2014 it was a ugh moment), new gas cap etc. But it has been fun also. Unfortunately for me I do not have this skill set so I had to find others to help (I am an A/C guy, I can tear your unit apart put it in the driveway then put it back together again but I cannot weld). Again thanks, I appreciate it and this bike will be killer cool I think for him. Cheers, Bo

Comment

" He was wanting a scooter for heavens sake and I thought this would be a good compromise. LOL " Good choice. Hellava lot better than a scooter! That seat is awesome!cg
                        sigpic
                        83 GS1100g

Comment

Lot of great work you guys are doing. Nice, personal looking bikes. Thanks for sharing.
                          And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
                          Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Originally posted by Dicke View Post
                            they were the last of the steel smeltings pots from BHP in Newcastle NSW.

Love that big rusty bucket too, brings tears to my eyes, well almost.
                            Have you done anything to the cylinder head? Just wondering how much practical/street power can be tweaked out of the 8V 1000-1100 engine.
                            "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                            1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                            1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                            1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Here it is '79 GS1000E. 100_0859.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Acfella View Post
                                Here are a few of a 450GA I am having built for my son. Its kind cool I think. [ATTACH=CONFIG]45724[/ATTACH]
                                In the seemingly-endless procession of hacksaw jobs and Sawzall merchants, there occasionally turn up one that is neatly done and I wouldn't mind owning it myself - and be seen riding it. That is one.
                                Well done.
                                ---- Dave
                                79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
                                80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
                                79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
                                92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Working...
                                X