No announcement yet.

Post a picture of your custom GS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I prevent blow-by using conventional methods and never circumventing what's right.

Comment

I prevent blow-by using conventional methods and never circumventing what's right.
      care to elaborate

Comment

Originally posted by saffa View Post
        care to elaborate
        I preVENT blow-by using conVENTional methods and never circumVENTing
        what's right.

Comment

Eagle bike from side

Intake

From rear

Comment

I know how a few of you love the stainless line and you would use any excuse possible to use it. This pictures just for you. The engine does not have the cams in it to keep the load off the springs and waiting to see if the rockers are going to hold on the other motor. This is why the one and only vent line is not hooked up just yet. Plan to just use some light rubber for that one back to my juice bottle.

Comment

Carbon Fiber

Originally posted by isleoman
              Thanks J,

Let me ask your (and anyone elses) opinion on something. What do you think about adding a decorative piece on the vertical flat area above the swingarm pivot bolt.

I was thinking about something that kinda looks like the yosh decal plate on the cannister. Maybe a thin piece of copper with a gloss black coating with either vertical or horizontal lines of reducing widths that exposes the copper underneath.

It would be held in place by the swingarm bolt and the two other bolts above. Approximately the width and height of the black frame surface it would be covering. Kinda looks bare there now. Might be over the top if it was too flashy
              A small piece of custom carbon fiber might look good, and it may blend in with the black frame witout looking foreign...hmmm

Comment

yay I just saved over 130 different pics onto the comp so I can show off everyone's bike! I have some inspiration as to where I want my bike to go any some ideas of what I'm going to be doing this winter in my off time.

Comment

When I first got the bike:

and now:

It ate some steroids when I wasn't paying attention!!!
                  Last edited by Guest; 11-14-2008, 02:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jwhelan65 View Post
                    A small piece of custom carbon fiber might look good, and it may blend in with the black frame witout looking foreign...hmmm
                    Good idea. Another maybe: Get some flat alu stock, cut it to shape, including necessary holes, and hit the buffing wheel. SHINEY However, IMO i LIKE that look that you have now. It says "Im still oldschool cool" Its tube steel, not alu spar framed, but will still blow your doors off. I dunno, even tho im going to be attempting the same mods at some point this winter on my 1100ES, I am still a bit old school, and like things that tip their hat to that...

Comment

Originally posted by mighty13d View Post
                      When I first got the bike:

and now:

WOW! thats quite the transformation! What did you feed that thing? Some HGH? Not only did you make it a "standard" framed bike, but you more than doubled the displacement, all while keeping it looking bone stock!! AMAZING!!!

Comment

here's an actual before pic of when I got my 850

Comment

Originally posted by TheCafeKid View Post
                          WOW! thats quite the transformation! What did you feed that thing? Some HGH? Not only did you make it a "standard" framed bike, but you more than doubled the displacement, all while keeping it looking bone stock!! AMAZING!!!

I couldn't resist when I saw I had some pics of my father's bike in with mine!

Comment

I couldn't resist when I saw I had some pics of my father's bike in with mine!
                            seriously tho, your 850 is heading in the right direction! Some spit and polish over the winter, and she'll be a real looker!!

Comment

Originally posted by TheCafeKid View Post
                              seriously tho, your 850 is heading in the right direction! Some spit and polish over the winter, and she'll be a real looker!!

Thanks man. It's taken me about a year of work to get it to where it is and hopefully with another year it will be coming along nicely... HOPEFULLY lol

Comment

Thanks man. It's taken me about a year of work to get it to where it is and hopefully with another year it will be coming along nicely... HOPEFULLY lol
                                Well, finding the parts for these old girls takes some time, but nothing is more satisfying that finding that PRIMO NOS this or that, that sets the whole bike off. Finding that seat you have there was probably a PITA, they are fairly hard to come by, and that one looks great! Have you eliminated the usual suspects on that girl tho? Thats an 82 right? IF so, you'll want to hunt up a rear hub spline from an 79-80 model, they were made of much harder material, and the late 81-83 models were soft, and the teeth would strip out on them. I stripped TWO of them out on my 1100G, which uses the same drive shaft and wheels and whatnot. And that was within 8K miles. They're junk, and should be one of those things on the list of "FIXES" like valve adjustments, carb cleanings and electrical fixes IMO...

Comment

Working...
                                X