Post a picture of your custom GS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by saffa View Post
    i concur....that 1100ez is great ....a nice blend of parts that retain the oldskool look and yet give an aire of grace

i have that in my garage at the mo on the wall ....just as an inspiration ...with one or two others...

led me to start on this
    Actually I think Rotty's bike is a 83/up 750 isnt it?

Comment

Originally posted by TheCafeKid View Post
      Actually I think Rotty's bike is a 83/up 750 isnt it?
      yeah but i was on about the 1100 ez

Comment

Nice job! I vote no decal--keep them guessing!

Comment

My GS550 Project...

I just discovered this thread. Here is a pic of my GS550. Nothing too fancy yet as I have a very low budget and not much Know-How, but I am doing everything myself... Thank GAWD for forums like this and Google!
          I bought the bike for $360 running but in rough cosmetic shape... I decided that I was going to do some Mods that I could afford this winter and over the course of owning it, I would do more stuff to it... So far I bought a new tank (Painting it eventually) Cut about 10 inches off the back end of the frame, and am mounting a Flat Tracker Seat to the beast. I have also put on Superbike Bars and bought a left-hand mirror, that just doesn't match the right. It came off of an 82 I believe. Anyway, I've been watching the $50 Appearance Mods Thread and am getting a few good ideas there. Any suggestions or feedback would be great! Remember this is my VERY FIRST bike. I've never ridden or owned one before... Just picked this up in October right after getting my Permit...
          I think I need to get a Flicker or Photobucklet account in order to post more pics, but I have a few more in my Photo Album in my profile. Feel free to browse...

Comment

Originally posted by BlackStar View Post
            Mine isn't really custom, but it's not stock either. There are some great bikes on here.

My uncle bought this new. Original paint, with new clear. Complete resto and overhaul winter 07/08

What K&N pods are those..model #, do they only fit the flatslides? they look really cool!

Comment

Originally posted by jwhelan65 View Post
              What K&N pods are those..model #, do they only fit the flatslides? they look really cool!
              Those are covers for the pods to prevent ingesting water, you can get them for any K&N pods.

Comment

Why isn't this bike on the photo of the month? This is one of the most beutifull machines I have seen. Fantastic work.

Comment

Originally posted by brower View Post
                  Why isn't this bike on the photo of the month? This is one of the most beutifull machines I have seen. Fantastic work.
                  Maybe it will be Sunday. 3/1/09. I agree...Beutifull !!!
                  82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

my 1982 gs 850 L

Comment

1980 GS-1100ET...street racing daily rider.

Comment

The Black Knight

Very cool bike

Comment

Before

And Currently. (work in progress) Not bad for a free GS

Comment

Love the change. And I like what you did in the battery/electric area. Is that a stock 850 tank. Im going to move the filler to the center (on the right on my 750) and use a GSXR filler to replace it.

Comment

Lookin good there man. Clean, simple, no BS... NICE.

Comment

Very nice work - but - those bolts in the shaft will strip out when you hit the first big bump. You've got all that force (entire weight of rear of bike + your butt) on two small bolts screwed into aluminium.

Comment

Working...
                                X