No announcement yet.

Post a picture of your custom GS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i call her pearl cause shes covered in all pearl paints. since i finished her shes been the apple of my eye.

Comment

Originally posted by 1978GS1000custom View Post
      i call her pearl cause shes covered in all pearl paints. since i finished her shes been the apple of my eye.
      First "S" Ive seen with a conversion, very nice.

Comment

Originally posted by 1978GS1000custom View Post
        Wind screen is a bit different; but the rest of the mods (especially the suspension) are fantastic. Well done!
        -KR
        Last edited by Guest; 06-25-2009, 11:30 PM.

Comment

Hey, i have one that looks very similar.
          Nice bike!
          2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

save the flamin i know she needs work but for what i got into her shes a blast

Comment

Pretty cool bike, got any more pics? Details, too!
              -KR

Comment

Originally posted by Bad Kaw View Post
                -KR

not sure if you were speakin to me but in case you were the details are

81 gs750 L model
                roccitycafe seat (not installed perminently yet)
                superbike bars and grips from z1 enterprises
                push button starter near battery and left inner knee
                smaller directionals
                side mount lisense plate and brake light
                had to rebuild front m/c
                and tons of extra removal. (indicators inbetween gauges, rear fender, etc)

future plans include :

-wire and electronics tuck (definate)
                -pod filters (in the mail as we speak)
                -exhaust header wrap (definate)
                -wire wheels (depends how my current wheels look once painted)
                -clubman bars (maybe, i really like the seating position as it is now)
                -different speedo/tacho setup (one of the last finishing touches
                -new rear spring and shock combo (one of the last finishing touches)
                -rebuild front forks with stiffer lower springs (kinda chopper-ish right now and need a rebuild anyway)
                -repaint frame (definate)
                -head gasket (leaking )

more pics next sunny day
                Last edited by Guest; 06-26-2009, 01:03 AM.

Comment

MASSSCENE, one of the many great things about this website is the lack of flaming in regards to members bikes.
                  Nice start to yours.
                  Put a "definite" beside the shorter, stiffer fork springs. I think "stance" is very important for bikes like yours.
                  2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by curseboy View Post
                    I rode 800 miles last weekend. Haven't felt my ass in days
                    When riding this machine, where does one put it (your ass)? I can't seem to locate a seat.

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
                      MASSSCENE, one of the many great things about this website is the lack of flaming in regards to members bikes
                      he's right about that, I was told to leave the cb1100f.net forum because my bike, like many others there, wasn't not the F sport model but the C cruiser model looking for repair tips.

Comment

Dude , are you selling your rig ( wanna part with the seat LOl)??? Or did someone jack your pics..........http://boston.craigslist.org/nos/mcy/1240127912.html

Originally posted by MASSSCENE View Post
                        save the flamin i know she needs work but for what i got into her shes a blast

Comment

Originally posted by Bad Kaw View Post
                          -KR

Heres the more pics as requested.

I used to frequent a honda forum that was so bad with the flaming it probably made people move to alaska and get on suicide watch. Nice to be able to sit back relax and put my feet up!

As for the craigs list post yes, that is me. I got a little discouraged with how much more little thigns i needed and didint think i would be able to afford to get them done this summer...... that feeling was followed immediatley by me ordering parts for it lol

I just ordered pod filters for it though
                          Last edited by Guest; 06-27-2009, 05:55 PM.

Comment

masscene, nice to see how far you've gotten with your L model! is that a stock tank?

Comment

Originally posted by midnightcafe View Post
                              masscene, nice to see how far you've gotten with your L model! is that a stock tank?

Yes it is. I absolutey hated it at first but with the right seat and right bars its really not that bad.

Comment

Originally posted by midnightcafe View Post

dang your from boston?? we gotta ride man! i have no ridin buddies!

Comment

Working...
                                X