Post a picture of your custom GS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dohc View Post
    Well done, Melkman. What did you replace the tank badge with ?
    I didnt like the way the suzuki badge looked with the bike, so I simply bought a $4 piece of aluminum from lowes, filed it to shape and then sanded and polished the crap out of it. I originally intended it just to be temporary until I found a badge that I liked, but it has grown on me, and I think i will keep it.

Comment

Originally posted by melkman View Post
      I didnt like the way the suzuki badge looked with the bike, so I simply bought a $4 piece of aluminum from lowes, filed it to shape and then sanded and polished the crap out of it. I originally intended it just to be temporary until I found a badge that I liked, but it has grown on me, and I think i will keep it.

Seriously? Wow; that's so cool that I would have never thought of it.
      Very cool!
      -KR

Comment

Nice!

wow gorgeous bike. dont hate me if i decide to creep your style with the single filter, was considering pods but that looks sick!

Comment

Here's mine. 1982 GS650GLZ

Comment

Originally posted by silverkrown View Post
            Here's mine. 1982 GS650GLZ

Sick lookin scoot there man. Ya can't go wrong w/ a black bobber... Post up some pics and info over on The Chopper Underground.

Comment

That chopper is cool.

Comment

Here's mi bike. I have showed it up earlier but have not been logged in last 6 months so all my post was removed so here I go again. Its a GSX 750 81 mod. with a CBR front wheel. FJR Rear wheel. TL1000 tank. Ducati 916 rear seat. Upside down fork. Aprilia RSV mille rear swing

Comment

SmoreGrava keep them pics coming, I need to do something with my seat area. Gonna carve up my seat foam and to get something similar to a Corbin or Sargeant for now and in winter do something like you did.

Comment

Originally posted by patrickmcp View Post
                    SmoreGrava keep them pics coming, I need to do something with my seat area. Gonna carve up my seat foam and to get something similar to a Corbin or Sargeant for now and in winter do something like you did.

Very nice, great progress!

Comment

Here is one more pic from other side. I get a lot comments on my seat. Only Aluminium plates. Looks bad I think and actually no problem to sit on because they are quite large. But passanger seat is close to torture.

Patrickmcp your bike looks really cool. Kind a same style as mine actually. But mine has no finnish at all. It's more of a rat with a cool look. What was your front fork from? I belive your bike would be perfect with a 916 seat.
                      Last edited by Guest; 08-03-2009, 01:41 PM.

Comment

here is mine

Comment

patrickmcp:

What kind of muffler/can is that? Looks good!

Comment

Originally posted by stetracer View Post
                            here is mine
                            4?" extensions, air shifter, fat tire AND a license plate. Cool bike!
                            Stet, what ammo do you have in that brute?
                            2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by mixongw View Post
                              patrickmcp:

What kind of muffler/can is that? Looks good!

Looks like a Supertrap to me.

Eric

Comment

Stetracer: nice mean looking bike, looks like an industrial Howitzer

Smoregrava: I agree about the tail, but I was thinking early 2000's GSXR 1000 tail, depends what I find for the price and looks. Did you have to cut up the seat rails? Front end is '96 GSXR1100.

Mixongw: Supertrapp 10" total length, 4" body, 2" inlet and it's stainless steel, tunable and sounds great, I can adjust my backpressure and sound.

Comment

Working...
                                X