No announcement yet.

Post a picture of your custom GS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting tail piece. The chrome fender is a bit un-cafe. You have plans there?
    Dogma
    --
    O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you! - David

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
    '80 GS850 GLT
    '80 GS1000 GT
    '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

Originally posted by Fern View Post
      here is a pic of my monsters:

Nice line-up, Fern.
      I am sensing a theme.
      2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
        OK My GS1100ED is finally getting close to finished and looks pretty presentable here.

Posplyr, that bike is HOT! I have been trying to find an 1100 like that. Nice job.

Comment

Wooooow! Like the last 10 bike postings are "worthy" of comments. Great muscle representation!

-KR

Comment

I must ask.....
            Why did the bike manufacturers of that ara(85'ish) put so much emphasis on the tail section of those bikes?
            Great looking bikes but the rear ends are larger than the tank.
            sigpic

82 GS850
            78 GS1000
            04 HD Fatboy

...............................____
            .................________-|___\____
            ..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)___|____/_(O)|

Comment

Posplayer
              Love the look of your bike. I have been following your thread about the GSXR upgrade swap. I just bought back my 82 GS1100e (see pic) and am very excited to follow along the lines of your swap. One question though. What make is your front fairing? Love the look.

Cheers
              Paul

Comment

78 gs1000e

This is what it looked like when I bought it.

I got a new tank and painted it along with the cylinder head covers.

The engine is being COMPLETELY rebuilt as we speak. I am hoping to have everything else done by riding time next year.

Comment

that has got to be the top of my list for the most uncomfortable bike to ride in the whole world, IMO. but you may prefer to disagree..

anyway, welcome to the site, have fun
                  1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

Thanks for the welcome. I bought it in late October last year and had time to ride it once for about a half hour. Living in Illinois it got too cold to ride quick so I haven't had enough time on it to tell how painfull it is to ride. I had a friend start rebuilding the engine in April and he got busy and had to push my bike aside for a while. The engine is ready to go back together now. I wanted to get it road worthy and safe to ride before I hopped on. There was no front brake period and the back brake, I realized was missing some bolts after I dropped it off to get worked on while we were looking it over. So needless to say it needs a lot of work.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogma View Post
                      Interesting tail piece. The chrome fender is a bit un-cafe. You have plans there?
                      Not really cafe...its more of a "tracker" style tail...Same concept, same vein, different blood type..

Comment

That's tragic. GS crashed into a Harley and was fused together. If I had a gun, i'd shoot it and put it out of it's misery.

Originally posted by cplcrawlerUSMC View Post

The engine is being COMPLETELY rebuilt as we speak. I am hoping to have everything else done by riding time next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Octain View Post
                          I must ask.....
                          Why did the bike manufacturers of that ara(85'ish) put so much emphasis on the tail section of those bikes?
                          Great looking bikes but the rear ends are larger than the tank.
                          Excuse me for jacking this thread with a new bike but damn..have you looked at a new Busa lately? they dwarf the 80's bikes rear ends. I think it looks horrible, almost chariot like.

Comment

Originally posted by cplcrawlerUSMC View Post

What did that tank come off of and does it bolt up the same?

Comment

Originally posted by jwhelan65 View Post
                              Excuse me for jacking this thread with a new bike but damn..have you looked at a new Busa lately? they dwarf the 80's bikes rear ends. I think it looks horrible, almost chariot like.

Never liked the busa
                              sigpic

82 GS850
                              78 GS1000
                              04 HD Fatboy

...............................____
                              .................________-|___\____
                              ..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)___|____/_(O)|

Comment

Chris-Harris, Its a Harley Sportster tank. It needs fab work to bolt up. I got a flat bottom put on it and got the petcock moved to the back of the tank and still need to adjust the mounts in front.

Comment

Working...
                                X