No announcement yet.

Post a picture of your custom GS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Modular, the pipes look like the bike is running a little lean. Billy & Dan, both look VERY good!!! Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by salty_monk View Post

whilst we're on the subject....

WOW, that looks great Dan! Love the carbs.

Are you bringing her up for the rally?
      85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
      79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

Comment

Originally posted by renobruce View Post
        WOW, that looks great Dan!
        +1, very nice. Must sound great too, with that Bassani?
        Tony.
        '82 GS1100E

Originally posted by themess
        Only in your own mind did you refute what I wrote.

Comment

Tires & Signals

Hey just checking out your bike...Looks great I just bought a 77 550 and looking to change the tires and signal lights... What tires are you running and where did you get the signal lights?? Thanks John

Originally posted by modular
          Here is my new toy....

Comment

Originally posted by Sutphen30 View Post
            Hey just checking out your bike...Looks great I just bought a 77 550 and looking to change the tires and signal lights... What tires are you running and where did you get the signal lights?? Thanks John
            I just wanted to throw in my two cent's worth, I didn't use the LED type lights but I did find some very subtle signals that are halogen, there are two brands and I ended up with a set of both. One is the EMGO "rabbit ears" and the other is the Drag Specialties "eagle eye", they are nice and small but also nice and bright, if you are set on the LED type they do have them in the LED that are the same size and style.
            Here are some pictures to give you an idea if you like.

The last picture shows the signals with the brackets I made to mount them below the fairing. I have more pictures in my album with a little more info.
            Of course you know you will need a different flasher relay, there are plenty out there but what I bought was the K&S part# 21-1389 from Dennis Kirk it was only $8.99.
            One of the things I like most about them is the signals no longer stand out like giant orange beacons.

Just thought I'd throw this out there.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Comment

Great....How about your exhaust set up & bar end mirrors???

Comment

Salty Monk, where did you get that headlight bikini fairing? Im looking to put something similar on my bike.

Comment

Although not very custom, I have added a few touches to make this my own.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Ricks View Post
                    Finally got around to snapping a pic of the bike with the fender painted red. A few of you ragged on me for it being blue so here it is repainted.
                    Wow, that looks great! What kinda exhaust did you use or make?
                    1979 GS1000E (44 Yrs), 1981 GPz550
                    Departed: 1970 Yamaha R5A, 1971 R5B, 1975 Honda XL250, 1983 Suzuki PE175, 1983 CB1100F, 1983 BMW R100RS, 1992 ST1100

Comment

my ’78 550

Love this thread. Lots of good ideas for my ’78 GS550 project. I just got this bike as is. I haven’t had a chance to put my mark on it yet.

Comment

Toadstool Food, like the jockey shifter on your new project. I'd like to do that on my next project bike.

Comment

Originally posted by fat_sac View Post
                          My 1100 shaftie. Treats me well after all these years.

Thank you sir, now I know what to do with one of my gs1100g. That is a good lookin clean bike.

Comment

Work in progress...

Comment

Originally posted by Maddog209 View Post
                              Although not very custom, I have added a few touches to make this my own.

How do you like that fairing...been lookin at those for my 750.

DDM

Comment

My 77 750

Comment

Working...
                                X