Post a picture of your custom GS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stain View Post
    What kind of fueling problems would that lenth of line cause????
    None! Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by Maddog209 View Post
      Nice picture! What year is your GS550?
      it's a 1980 GS550E

here's a couple more pics:

old paint job:

Comment

There are some awesome bikes in here. This is my first post. Here is my 83 1100GL. Starter is locked up right now but i LOVE this bike and it runs great.

Comment

A few more-

Comment

Originally posted by rapidray View Post
            None! Ray.
            I always thought it a bad idea to force the fuel upwards in a gravity fed system that was what I was getting at... Looks like yours loops down & then back up to the carb.

Dan
            1980 GS1000G - Sold
            1978 GS1000E - Finished!
            1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
            1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
            2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
            1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
            2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Originally posted by salty_monk View Post
              I always thought it a bad idea to force the fuel upwards in a gravity fed system that was what I was getting at... Looks like yours loops down & then back up to the carb.

Dan

Dan,
              Ignoring any friction effects inside the extra length of tube, there is no difference in pressure at the cab inlet between having a loop and having a constantly descending flow.
              That is because any drop in head (static pressure) rising in the tube is virtually exactly the same as the pressure increase dropping below the inlet.
              So from a practical perspective doesn't matter how you get from petcock to carbs ; pressure at the inlet is the same.

One thing I would change is to get the line away from the cases. The cooler the gas the better. Right now it is on top of the case . Dropping below the carb inlet is giving more opprotunity to heat the gas because the line is longer and lower near the cases where it is hot.
              Jim

Comment

Originally posted by Kev View Post
                There are some awesome bikes in here. This is my first post. Here is my 83 1100GL. Starter is locked up right now but i LOVE this bike and it runs great.
                great bike Kev! but are you aware that the passenger footpeg rubber has rolled back by 90 degres?
                GS850GT

Comment

Originally posted by psyguy View Post
                  great bike Kev! but are you aware that the passenger footpeg rubber has rolled back by 90 degres?
                  Very aware man and Thank You!

Comment

1982 gs650 cafe racer

Almost finished. Are they ever?
                    flikr slide show of the bike.

Last edited by Guest; 06-16-2010, 05:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by memmott View Post
                      Almost finished. Are they ever?
                      flikr slide show of the bike.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/5126079...th/4707165532/

Memmott, that is a beautiful bike. I like the checker on the gauges.

Comment

Shot at the trackday weekend we had back in May.

Just needs some paint and electrics (headlight, etc.).

Comment

Still plenty of clearance while leaned over...very nice, Mindless.
                          Any more pics? video?
                          2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
                            Still plenty of clearance while leaned over...very nice, Mindless.
                            Any more pics? video?
                            Yeah, tons of clearance even. Only thing that kept touching the ground were the tip of my toes. The boots I have aren't very well suited for racing. The sole is like an inch thick.

As for pictures - hundreds of them, just haven't got to sorting them out and uploading them yet.

We have plenty of footage, just none from my point of view, but I show up in a few clips. Afraid though it's only from the first two days so the speed isn't very impressive.
                            Last edited by Guest; 06-17-2010, 08:05 AM.

Comment

I have posted a pic before of this bike but it was garage cleaning day and the camera was handy...my '78 Cooley Clone.

2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

That looks really nice, I set your pic to my computer background.

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
                                I have posted a pic before of this bike but it was garage cleaning day and the camera was handy...my '78 Cooley Clone.

Comment

Working...
                                X