No announcement yet.

Post a picture of your custom GS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's my '79 GS750L. YES, it is an L model, say what you want about it but I think I did a good job de-L'ing it for a substantial riding improvement-superbike bars, one off seat and rearset fabrication, rejetted to 125 main's, APE filters, MAC 4-1 exhaust. Still under 9k miles

^That's me after a 180 mile ride from school in Schenectady, NY back home at Medfield, MA. The new 530 sprockets are geared more for acceleration and resulted in much more vibration at highway speeds. Not to mention the MDI shocks are like struts and the seat I fabricated I haven't finished... it only has neoprene foam which is okay for riding around town but feels like concrete after an hour on the road. I couldn't feel my A$$ for days!
    Edit: some before pictures for comparison...

Last edited by Guest; 10-01-2010, 11:00 AM.

Comment

AWESOME looking bike, Midnight!

Only thing that I would change...put the L'bars back on!

Nice work!

Comment

Great job! Love the engine finishes and the rearsets.

Comment

Originally posted by Agemax View Post
          haha just think of the aerodynamic drag on a 1/4 mile, probably lucky to get a 30 second ET
          i had a 1/4 mile shoot out with a ninja 750 and yes i barley beet him he was faster off the line but i caught him and passed him by a tire not bad for having so much aerodynamic drag
          Last edited by Guest; 10-01-2010, 02:12 PM.

Comment

GS850 Trike

GS850 Trike

Comment

im still workin on it its a 81gs650 gl i paid 100$ for it sat for 15 years and fired right up of me ... sucide shifter and all....

Comment

Cool trike. Any chance of some more shots on that under tail exhaust? Not seen that before on a GS.

Comment

Chris, that trike is interesting! Can you make a build thread about it? I'd love to hear how you set it up. -Emmet

Comment

Originally posted by midnightcafe View Post
                    Chris, that trike is interesting! Can you make a build thread about it? I'd love to hear how you set it up. -Emmet
                    I've got loads of pictures, send me your email address and I can send you pics of the bits that you are interested in.

Regards,
                    Chris

Comment

Exploited789: You may not have a lot of heavy mods, but that's a pretty well done theme. Nice work.
                      Midnightcafe: THAT is an amazing transformation! There oughta be some reward for turning that bike into THAT bike! Nicely done, sir ... very nicely done!
                      -KR

Comment

Nice job..I like the flat black paint..and the breather out the left side is a nice "gearhead" type touch.

Comment

Originally posted by eddie1984 View Post

im still workin on it its a 81gs650 gl i paid 100$ for it sat for 15 years and fired right up of me ... sucide shifter and all....
                          Eddie, i'm liking what i'm seeing! any more pics?
                          -Skaat

Comment

Sorta custom.....

Comment

We still need to get some pictures of these two bikes together.

Custom 85' GS700E California Model

Comment

what front tire size are on those GS700's?

Comment

Working...
                                X