Post a picture of your custom GS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by laserred97gt View Post

she cleaned up nice! Where'd you get that headlight grill?

Comment

Yeah skyler nice brat

Comment

Originally posted by midnightcafe View Post
        she cleaned up nice! Where'd you get that headlight grill?
        Thanks!

I got it on ebay after searching lots of different terms.

It is called a stone guard, and I had to buy a set of them. Thankfully I sold the other one to a member here...

My dad has these on his '57 Corvette. I've always loved them, and it's kind of a nod to the 60's styling.

Comment

Here Goes....

Last edited by mvalenti; 03-24-2011, 08:38 PM. Reason: mor pix
          -Mark
          Boston, MA
          Suck Squeeze Bang Blow..
          sigpic
          1980 GS850G with 79 carbs.....

Comment

Question

Is there a good process to painting aluminum inexpensively

Comment

Originally posted by jtobin57 View Post
              ask that in the technical board, but first do a forum search so you're not asking questions that have already been asked.

as for this thread, here's a pic I took earlier today:

[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Owner/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.png[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Owner/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.png[/IMG]

Comment

ask that in the technical board, but first do a forum search so you're not asking questions that have already been asked.

First time I've ever said this to a guy, but ... nice tail!

Did you make that?

Comment

Originally posted by jtobin57 View Post

Scratch it, DP it and paint it.
                  sigpic

82 GS850
                  78 GS1000
                  04 HD Fatboy

...............................____
                  .................________-|___\____
                  ..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)___|____/_(O)|

Comment

Originally posted by laserred97gt View Post
                    First time I've ever said this to a guy, but ... nice tail!

Did you make that?
                    Yeah, I can't recall what gauge steel I used, but it's overbuilt, heavy and a pain in the ass (literally). I was able to convince the sculpture professor that it was art HAHA! It's was more of a I avoid highway and it's all good

Comment

here is one of mine that I took today... i totally got my inspiration from some pics that I found on the internet of MidNightCafe's bike.. did not know you were on here. Thanks for the inspiration, hope I did you proud with my version.

Next up is new tail light as well as new turn signals front and back.
                      Last edited by Guest; 03-24-2011, 10:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by trinitysj View Post
                        here is one of mine that I took today... i totally got my inspiration from some pics that I found on the internet of MidNightCafe's bike.. did not know you were on here. Thanks for the inspiration, hope I did you proud with my version.

Ok so this is what you were talking about, nice! Only thing I'd change is the rear lights-I bought a ninja taillight for $11 shipped of eBay that matched the trail pretty well. Cheers!

Comment

[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Owner/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.png[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Owner/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.png[/IMG]
                          Originally posted by trinitysj View Post

Looking good you guys. Midnight I think you should have a broad sword or mace in you hand in that picture.

cg
                          sigpic
                          83 GS1100g
                          2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

yeah looks like we may have started some sort of Mad Max kind of look... LOL

Comment

Ok so this is what you were talking about, nice! Only thing I'd change is the rear lights-I bought a ninja taillight for $11 shipped of eBay that matched the trail pretty well. Cheers!
                              Midnight post a pic of the rear/taillight.

Comment

Originally posted by russr33 View Post
                                Midnight post a pic of the rear/taillight.
                                here ya go:

it matches the edges okay but you can see there's a lot of dead space underneath. I'm not a metal forming expert and can't produce the contours to make the tail light completely flush (that would be a lot of work for just an $11 taillight!).
                                Also the lines are rather mismatched along the length of the bike, something I didn't foresee wih building the seat. Good advice is to take a step back and look at the complete picture during the rebuild process.

Comment

Working...
                                X