Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1980 gs850 L/G Hydrid

Scudder
    Last edited by Guest; 04-19-2012, 01:48 PM.

Comment

I love all the bikes and the love that has gone into them.

She is what she is...

I tried to make it bigger, didn't work so well...
      Last edited by Spyder; 04-20-2012, 02:44 PM.
      '83 GS 1100T
      The Jet

sigpic
      '95 GSXR 750w
      The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

my latest ride. a 1983 gs650L with 7,000 original miles and a full restoration.

Comment

You've probably seen mine around in a few threads...here it is again.

Before --Nov 2011

Current --Apr 2012

Comment

My gsx750 -81

This is a pic of my bike. It's a gsx 750 from -81. I bought it in August last year. It did not really look like this when I bought it. ;-)

/Estman Sweden

Comment

Originally posted by old_skool View Post
              You've probably seen mine around in a few threads...here it is again.

Before --Nov 2011

Current --Apr 2012
              Wow... She was rough. Nice work doctor. Another life saved from the rust monster...
              '83 GS 1100T
              The Jet

sigpic
              '95 GSXR 750w
              The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Originally posted by Spyder View Post
                Wow... She was rough. Nice work doctor. Another life saved from the rust monster...
                Thanks so very much,

You have no idea, that first picture doesn't tell the whole horror story, RR shorted so bad, it melted the battery post clean off, numerous....well, you get the idea, I love the bike, and enjoyed the build, but was mad at the PO every step of the way. Not because of the work needed, but the sheer retardation of some of the things I found along the way.

Comment

Thanks so very much,

You have no idea, that first picture doesn't tell the whole horror story, RR shorted so bad, it melted the battery post clean off, numerous....well, you get the idea, I love the bike, and enjoyed the build, but was mad at the PO every step of the way. Not because of the work needed, but the sheer retardation of some of the things I found along the way.
                  That's madness! I still don't get how people can get things so wrong... but definitely about 1000% improvement there
                  1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                  1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Originally posted by pete View Post
                    That's madness! I still don't get how people can get things so wrong... but definitely about 1000% improvement there
                    Thanks!
                    I'd like to make it 1000% plus 1%, I would really like to have a seat similar to the Tempter, just a tad too cramped, but not real bad. Yeah, I almost wish I had documented the partial restoration, a lot went into it, and still, a little more now and then. Instead of a seat like the Tempter or similar, what about a seat style like from a big V-twin, not just solo, but both pieces?
                    I know it will take some modification, but, I'm more worried about the cost of something along those lines more than anything. I'm not a twisty's kind of guy anymore anyway, more of a cruise and enjoy the scenery these days.

Comment

Thanks!
                      I'd like to make it 1000% plus 1%, I would really like to have a seat similar to the Tempter, just a tad too cramped, but not real bad. Yeah, I almost wish I had documented the partial restoration, a lot went into it, and still, a little more now and then. Instead of a seat like the Tempter or similar, what about a seat style like from a big V-twin, not just solo, but both pieces?
                      I know it will take some modification, but, I'm more worried about the cost of something along those lines more than anything. I'm not a twisty's kind of guy anymore anyway, more of a cruise and enjoy the scenery these days.
                      Hmmm... I'd just track down another pan, get some foam, and get it how you want... it's actually not that hard to do. I did mine like that with two layers of foam, a harder one on the bottom and softer one on top and it's worked out well. The seat cover is the tricky bit if like me you can't sew, although having seen it done now I'd give that a go next time too...
                      1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                      1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Heres mine fresh out of the scrap yard in the wastland.

Comment

Originally posted by Sinister Imaging View Post
                          Heres mine fresh out of the scrap yard in the wastland.
                          Ha, nice. I dig the funky half fender. That fresh rubber really throws off the look you're going for though

Comment

they'll get worn in too!
                            Oh and i used a lawn tractor gas cap for a gas gauge.

Comment

Almost done with her

Comment

Originally posted by promking View Post

Almost done with her
                                The bike or the rider?

Eric

Comment

Working...
                                X