No announcement yet.

Gauge faces

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

here is a pic of mine. the fuel gauge part dosent fit as european clocks must be different. also got to take the speedo apart again as the needle is not quite sat on zero.........and im a fusspot with detail haha
    1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

Originally posted by Agemax View Post
      here is a pic of mine. the fuel gauge part dosent fit as european clocks must be different. also got to take the speedo apart again as the needle is not quite sat on zero.........and im a fusspot with detail haha
      Looks pretty good Agemax, any pics of the complete bike?
      McLoud
      '79 GS850
      `98 GSF1200 Bandit
      sigpic
      http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...php?groupid=13

Comment

Originally posted by mcloud View Post
        Looks pretty good Agemax, any pics of the complete bike?
        there is a pic of my bike on this thread. not much different now, added a belly pan

1978 GS1085.

Comment

there is a pic of my bike on this thread. not much different now, added a belly pan

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...ghlight=agemax
          Such an awesome bike. What front end is on that bike? I have a 79 E that's in the process. Just seems that no one has tanks to fit these things anymore and without a tank I'm dead in the water.

These are the best deals I've been seeing over the last year or so and I'm not buying something this junked up.

Comment

Originally posted by fat_sac View Post
            Such an awesome bike. What front end is on that bike? I have a 79 E that's in the process. Just seems that no one has tanks to fit these things anymore and without a tank I'm dead in the water.

These are the best deals I've been seeing over the last year or so and I'm not buying something this junked up.
            http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1978-...442#ht_771wt_0
            thanks mate, the front end is a gs500e front wheel, gsx1100 katana forks, 600 bandit mudgaurd and kawasaki zx9r brake caliper on home made bracket and gsxr750 disc. home made fork brace, steering damper (not shown in pic) and home made slab yokes.

i managed to get a brand new tank from a company in uk that sells brand new old stock for about £130. but that was a few years ago!
            1978 GS1085.

Comment

thanks mate, the front end is a gs500e front wheel, gsx1100 katana forks, 600 bandit mudgaurd and kawasaki zx9r brake caliper on home made bracket and gsxr750 disc. home made fork brace, steering damper (not shown in pic) and home made slab yokes.

i managed to get a brand new tank from a company in uk that sells brand new old stock for about £130. but that was a few years ago!
              Lots of work in there. Lookin good.

Here's a pic of my new gauges just to stay on topic.

Comment

That looks great. I'd be curious to see it at night. Excellent work.

Comment

yep i would definitally like in on the next round, as long as i can convince my fiencee it's a nessicary upgrade

Comment

Originally posted by seuadr View Post
                    yep i would definitally like in on the next round, as long as i can convince my fiencee it's a nessicary upgrade
                    You end up keeping the 1100? Good

Comment

Originally posted by seuadr View Post
                      Just tell her it's a safety concern. You need faces that you can read more easily.

I still need a bunch more people to fill out order #2. I have a few, but I need at least 8 to make it worth while as there's a setup fee that I found out about last time.

Anybody with old faces laying around from weird models, please let me know. An exact dimensional copy is better than a guess.
                      Last edited by Guest; 10-15-2008, 12:41 AM.

Comment

Bump......

Still looking for more folks for round two.

Been a little busy with the trailer build, and working on other folks bikes, but hope to get back into it soon. I know, I keep saying "soon", but it's still the plan.
                        Last edited by Guest; 10-21-2008, 02:24 PM.

Comment

PM me the address and I'll ship my gs300 gauges out so you can do the template for them. Too many holes in them to get a good accurate measurment from an amateur like me.

Comment

How about posting the models you do have for us latecomers? What is the new cost that includes the set-up fee?

Comment

Faces

If you are doing faces that will fit a '77 gs750 you can put me down for a set, possibly two ( I always like at least one do over if I goof anything up). Thanks.

Comment

Alright. I did a search for myself and last cost was $30 for the set? Some GS850's were included, but for good measure.

Rudy, I'd like to add a couple of pictures that work in B/W.

Comment

Working...
                                X