Finished my bobber for now.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finished my bobber for now.

So after sorting through tons of broken wires in the harness and diagnostic issues like leaking oil and jetting...its finally running strong and all painted up. Only plans I have for the future are to finish off the sheet metal with better prep and paint. I'm pretty sure I'm going to bob the front fender more, and I would love to find a 16" front wheel. I know its a Kawi, but I've been part of this forum for a long time and it has a Suzuki front end. The front end [not compatible with Kawi guages] caused a few problems in itself, but I was able to fab whatever I needed and clean up all the PO's bs with a grinder and cut off wheel so I'm satisfied.

Very cool!

I love it when something that's actually, you know, "different" gets customized. Too many damn V-twins running around already.

How's she ride? Did you leave much rear suspension travel?

Those open pipes have got to be a little obnoxious, but nothing compared to the standard Fartley-Disabledson open sewer pipes.

Now ride the little booger to the local bike night and park it right in the middle of all the credit card chrome barges. Bet I can guess which gets more attention.
    1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
    2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
    2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
    Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

lol at that response haha Yeah I plan on taking it to Harley night at Bikini's just for ****s n grins.

It rides great tho, plenty of travel and soft ride since it has the stock 400 rear shocks. All I did to lower it was take the plugs out of the front and rake the rear forward some when I shortened the frame. Also, since its only a 400 the pipes aren't that loud at all. They sound kinda silly but not loud enough the neighbors care about me warming it in the garage. Overal, I'm happy with it.

Comment

Very nice job Mr. sac!
        one of these days i'm going to bob one.
        just like this one! http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...95&postcount=1
        Last edited by rustybronco; 10-23-2008, 03:33 PM.
        De-stinking Penelope http://thegsresources.com/_forum/sho...d.php?t=179245

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...35#post1625535

Comment

My 400 has open pipes too. Can't say that they're too loud either. Helps that I cut a little 45 turnout at the end of both. Kinda diffuses the sound.

Comment

VERY cool there Fat Sac. Love the look.

Comment

Thanks guys. It was a fun build and is even more fun to putt around on.

Cool cafe ya got there Rudy. That's my next project. I've been wanting one of those for quite a while now.

Comment

Originally posted by rudy View Post
                My 400 has open pipes too. Can't say that they're too loud either. Helps that I cut a little 45 turnout at the end of both. Kinda diffuses the sound.

I would like to see some more pics of this from other angles. Very nice. It is very similar to the lines of what I am doing with my GS750.

Comment

Very cool, fat_sac! Thumbs up.....

Comment

very nice!!!!!!

exactly the look i'm going for, even down to the new filters on the carb.

the whole, "less is more" look, only thing i want to keep stock is the tank. really gotten use to have a huge tank.

Comment

That is sweet! Needs more black :P

Comment

Originally posted by Geoff4130 View Post
                        That is sweet! Needs more black :P
                        Funny you said that. I actually decided today to tear it down and repaint/rebuild from the ground up. Its rattle canned now, and I want to spray a real finish on it. Thinking about adding some color to the tin, but keeping everything else black. Maybe make the frame the same color as the tin, but probably not.

Comment

Nah, I'd leave it black, kinda screams "bad-ass" IMO...

Comment

Not even like red or metallic olive green? I do like the black tho. Maybe just some scallops on the tank and that will be the only color. Dunno yet.

Comment

Both of those bike look good

Comment

Working...
                              X