1982 GS1100E Suzuki Color Match Found

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1982 GS1100E Suzuki Color Match Found

Well this took some research but--hope it helps, to anyone with the "Fantastic Copper Gold Metallic"--Code 14B, (which does not exist in the paint world in 2008)--the exact replica color is "Cool Beige Metallic" --code ZA4--it was used on the 2005 Suzuki XL-7 cars, it is an EXACT shade match, see pic and save the code you might need it some day!!

that should be much easier to find! nice color...

Comment

much thanks.....

how would you about getting this color?

Comment

Marco I am looking into it, but just about any online paint site can duplicate the color with the code. Or call the suzuki car dealership, they have touch up paint for that year, I have a bottle (wanted to be sure) it is spot on, no point intended. If you go to an autobody paint shop-all they need is Suzuki # 99980-03402-ZA4, that is the full paint code they would use. Sand your parts bring them down with the code, its cheaper than you think if you bring them the parts ready for paint.

Comment

color

Are we talking about the champagn color?

Comment

YES the same exact color as the bike on your avatar, 1982 GS1100EZ "14B Fantastic Metallic Copper Gold" is the 1982 GS1100EZ "champaign color"
            Last edited by Guest; 11-19-2008, 03:31 PM.

Comment

Anyone know

the current color for 83 blue and red ?

Comment

Sorry MRIDDLE, the 1983 "Fancy Candy Maroon"--Code 10S has no match color, in other words suzuki pulled the plug on it, so a piece would have to be sent in for a "close" match, which is never perfect----same goes with the blue color, it appears to be a lucky fluke that the "14B Fantastic Metallic Copper Gold," champaign color , on the 1982's was used later for their cars in 2002-2008, as the color "Cool Beige Metallic" --code ZA4, so some of us have it easy, for the touch up paint and repaint projects-
                Last edited by Guest; 11-19-2008, 04:24 PM.

Comment

I guess all the red and blue GS's will have to go to champagn now. Too bad fellas.. hahahahhahaha

Comment

Marco we have the most original color anyway-

Comment

Originally posted by cromwell1234 View Post
                      Marco we have the most original color anyway-
                      Marco ..................POLO?

Actually Cromwell1234... my user name is maro....

Even more ... my name is Josh.

no worries though. LOL

And may I mention that the champagne color is my favorite of all the GS's.

Comment

Sorry Josh, I work midnights if you know what I'm saying-Also-I have great childhood memories of playing Marco....Polo with the local neighborhood girls in the swimming pool -funny you mention that!!

Comment

When I bought my champagne as a left over in 84 the dealer had four or five 1982s and four or five 1983s that still hadn't sold.

He was desperate to unload them and offered me the ability to mix and match anything I wanted between the eight or so bikes he had. Talk about being torn.

I wanted the 82 silver engine with the 83 red tank and the 83 speedo. The wife wanted the champaign so I ended up with the 82 champagne (no regrets) with the 83 speedo for $3000.

Still have the bike and the wife

The one thing I couldn't swap but wish I could have was the cranks. I knew it was an issue but I didn't think it would happen to me. I did eventually end up getting the 83 welded crank when the 82 twisted at 10K miles.

PS here's a champagne toast for finding the modern equivalent of the champagne paint, It will be very helpful to a lot us.

Comment

Originally posted by cromwell1234 View Post
                            the 1983 "Fancy Candy Maroon"--Code 10S has no match color
                            I thought that was the 82 color. The 83 is a lot more Red.

If I ever get the painting itch Im gonna use this Dodge color. It seems close to 82 maroon.

Last edited by bonanzadave; 11-20-2008, 10:18 AM.
                            82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Color

Champagn GS's are faster!! click..click..varooooom!

Comment

Working...
                              X