29 smooths

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

29 smooths

I spent allot of time polishing these carbs but once you put them on the bike you don’t see that much of them and it does not help the bike go any faster. I bought all the parts to rebuild and rejett from http://www.sudco.com/ I called the guys on the phone they were very helpfull this was my first rebuild I have one more set to do

I saw a set of 29's completely polished way more than yours are. It went for over a $1000 on ebay. Nice job on yours.

Comment

Those look really nice. How did you polish them with a dremel or by hand?

Comment

Originally posted by anthonygs1000 View Post
        I spent allot of time polishing these carbs but once you put them on the bike you don’t see that much of them and it does not help the bike go any faster.
        Nope, you're wrong. Clean polished carbs DO make it go faster!

Those look great! Nice work. I know from experience how long that took.
        85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
        79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

Comment

polished

I polished some buy hand some with the dremel I used the mothers aluminum polish 7hrs still better than TV and thanks anthony

Comment

Word of advise, from one binghamton guy to another, if those are emgo pods, toss them immediatly! they are crap and will not flow enough air for those 29's. Get yourself a set of K and N's model number rc-2450 (http://www.knfilters.com/search/prod...x?Prod=RC-2450) or check out APE racing for generic k and n for a little cheap which i hear are good too.

BTW, the carbs look great!
            78 GS1000 Yosh replica racer project
            82 Kat 1000 Project
            05 CRF450x
            10 990 ADV-R The big dirt bike

P.S I don't check PM to often, email me if you need me.

Comment

k&N advice

10-4 on the pods they were cheep I used them all summer the bike ran
              a little rich but i only fouled one plug over 5,000 miles this summer
              But I will try k&Ns the pic of the wes bike is in the other post
              Last edited by Guest; 05-17-2011, 07:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by first timer View Post
                Word of advise, from one binghamton guy to another, if those are emgo pods, toss them immediatly! they are crap and will not flow enough air for those 29's. Get yourself a set of K and N's model number rc-2450 (http://www.knfilters.com/search/prod...x?Prod=RC-2450) or check out APE racing for generic k and n for a little cheap which i hear are good too.

BTW, the carbs look great!
                I agree. Get some K&N's. BTW, the right part number is RC-2454. The RC-2450 is the same filter, but that number is for two filters, not four.
                85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
                79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

Comment

Working...
                X