Enduro Cafe Racer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Enduro Cafe Racer

i know its not a gs, but i am planning to turn a 69 yamaha DT1 into a cafe racer. i am having trouble finding pics of people that have turned an enduro into a cafe racer. if you have any pics or links that would help.

thanks.

this one is supposed to be an sl70? dont know for sure.

definate frame mods.

Not exactly what you are after but this site has hundreds of links to all sorts of weird custom bikes. http://www.650motorcycles.com/

Plenty of Yamahas (strangely enough), but also lots of other interesting cafe bikes and websites.

Comment

I'd also hunt about here - http://www.ace-cafe-london.com

It'll be a Brit site where you'll find what you're after (more than likely).

Comment

There's a guy over on the www.dotheton.com site that's doing a build exactly like what you're talking about. I think it's a 175 Yammy enduro. I've had thoughts of turning my MX250 into one as well. Would be silly fast with that torque induction 250.

Comment

Originally posted by rudy View Post
          Would be silly fast with that torque induction 250.
          I like the idea.
          Now I have to find a beat up RM 500.
          Thanks.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
            I like the idea.
            Now I have to find a beat up RM 500.
            Thanks.
            Up in Austin, TX they used to have a race as part of Aquafest. It was a street race and guys would show up on their Ninjas, FZs, and Interceptors. Many of the street bikes would end up trashed. It would usually be won by someone on a dirt bike with slicks mounted.

Comment

This is funny, I've actually been dreaming about this too . They come out hella pretty. For my money though, get an old Honda scrambler, best to do like a CL450. The exhaust on those old bikes is BEAUTIFUL! Here is a few youtube videos...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOCM3haZfhM (this one sounds quick!)

A few little ones, 175 cafe...

An online magizine dedicated to the hobby of vintage motorcycle restoration. Restorations, how-to articles, shows and travel stories

I've got friends that might be willing to give me an old 450 scrambler that has been sitting on their property for a while. I don't know what kind of shape it is really in, but all the bits and pieces look to be there. That's a start . -nick
              Last edited by Guest; 12-07-2008, 02:38 PM.

Comment

So post a pic of your bike so we know what you're starting with.

Also, are you planning to keep this wee beastie street legal?
                1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
                2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
                2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
                Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

Scott Clough is very successful racing his CT1. Its a 125, but is usually in the top couple 250's.

Yours is going to be very pretty. I've got a slightly cafe RD400. (I like the stock seat, and find a rack useful, plus, this is a replica of the first bike I bought new)
                  sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

the reason i like the DT1 is because i already have it, and its a 2 stroke.

heres mine: (havent done much yet, still planning)

just got it running yesterday, new plug, points, condenser, rings and honed. its fun as hell trying to keep the front wheel on the ground.

i am a little worried about getting it street legal because all the wiring was stripped by the previous owner.

anyways i will be changing the frame up a little, different tank and seat and i have been thinking of running trials tires instead of street for those gravel roads out here.

Comment

why cafe when you can vintage supermoto?

alex bub...just a little ahead of the times...

also a man of impecable taste

Last edited by Guest; 12-19-2008, 05:17 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X