Another cafe racer........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Absolutely Faubulous!

I like it, lethal reptile look to the gas tank, all else falls into place, headlight frame adds eyes to the cold blooded look.
    Myself, I would want my fabulous bike to not get dirty. I think an inner fender would just ad finish to the reptile. As is, splatter will get all over the engine. I hear you get a rainy day now and then?
    Bill
    P.S. What could you do with a GT750?
    "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
    1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
    1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
    1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Uh...rain is going to get all over the motor, fender or no. Black shows road crap like no other. As a matter of fact, I spend at LEAST 10-20 hours a week just cleaning up my motor on the 1100ES during the rainy season here. I dont think i will ride it during the rainy season next year. Im too neurotic. LOL

Yaddy that thing looks KILLER bro. Diggin it alot. BTW are those MDIs you're using for the rear shocks? If so, whered you get the black springs? Did you paint em? I guess they could be Progressives as well, they look fairly similar.

Comment

Not to jump the gun, but those rear shocks look just like my MDIs. I ordered mine at my local shop out of the Marshall Distributing Catalog. It gives the option for black or chrome springs.

Comment

Originally posted by Dead Boy View Post
          Not to jump the gun, but those rear shocks look just like my MDIs. I ordered mine at my local shop out of the Marshall Distributing Catalog. It gives the option for black or chrome springs.
          Ahhh Ok. Well the places here that sell em, you dont really have an option apparently. Chrome only. Id like to have a set of 14.25" Eye to clevis in black springs...that would be about perfect..

Comment

Originally posted by yaddy View Post

Yaddy, that is one fine mote-sickle. Nice work and thanks for sharing!

Comment

NICE build!! Hands down one of the nicest finished I've seen. Congrats.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
                Myself, I would want my fabulous bike to not get dirty. I think an inner fender would just ad finish to the reptile. As is, splatter will get all over the engine. I hear you get a rainy day now and then?
                Bill
                P.S. What could you do with a GT750?
                Thanks for the comments Bill, i always look forward to your open and honest posting.
                Inner fender? Yeah, i could put one on there, i still have it. I even left the little mouting pegs on the frame and saved the rubbers just in case i wanted to re-fit it. For now though, i wanted a stripped and open look, i love to see the tyre through the side of the frame, it just looks so basic and functional, a look i tried hard to create.

Yes Bill, it rains every now and then over here......That's why the pods were chucked from the 1000E, it runs standard box now and never seems to have an issue since they were removed.

GT750?
                Now were talking! I've been searching for a stroker long before i found the katana. A GT750 is high on my list but they are so friggin hard to find over here with anything less than a couple of grand or so. I've actually very recently (as in Friday night), found a TZ350 rolling chassis in a shed, it's basically everything but the motor and electrics and guess what? It's road registered! If i got that, it would be very unique but the problem is, i couldn't afford to bang a genuine TZ motor in it, it would have to be an RD350LC engine instead.

Originally posted by TheCafeKid View Post
                Yaddy that thing looks KILLER bro. Diggin it alot. BTW are those MDIs you're using for the rear shocks? If so, whered you get the black springs? Did you paint em? I guess they could be Progressives as well, they look fairly similar.
                Cheers Buddy, glad you like it and i took some inspiration from your own, i have to say .
                MDI's yeah, available in black n chrome over here, these are the longer ones too that fit the katana. I would be happy to bag a set and send them over if you really want black and can't get them yourself, just let me know.
                These MDI's get a bit of bad press really, i think that everyone who has actually used a set will agree that they are pretty stiff but price vs performance, they are actually pretty good. I find they loosen up over time and after a couple of months i find myself clicking a notch or two on the settings to bring everything back to where i want it. My old Z750 ran these for ages, they performed very well and lasted a lot longer than a lot of people predict. If cash is an issue, these are a bargain for sure.

Thanks for all the comments guys, much appreciated

Comment

Stroker prices are going up here too.

Yaddy, I'm hopping to get a stroker project, GT550 might be best for my needs, the GT750 is too heavy, I want to be close to 400 lb. without have to buy stuff. A GT750 would have be naked to get close to 400.
                  Get out and ride!
                  Bill
                  "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                  1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                  1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                  1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

OOOOOOO, yaddy, T500 in a TZ350 chassis!!!!!! or maybe a big single two-stroke like a seventies or early eighties Husqvarna. ---VERY COOL!

Gotta love the pipe!

Comment

Hi Don,
                      yeah, i've been eyeing up a maico 490 motor. Also fancying a CR500 water cooled lump. since it's got a full fairing, i'd prefer to go water cooled for sure.

It would make a very interesting project, no doubt about that.

Comment

Yaddy,

Is it just me or is your front tire on backwards? Just looking at the treads... Otherwise, sick whip!

Comment

Originally posted by Skyboy8950 View Post
                          Yaddy,

Is it just me or is your front tire on backwards? Just looking at the treads... Otherwise, sick whip!
                          That tyre can fit as either front or rear fitment. It has directional arrows on that show a different direction for front and back, it's on the right way for a front, cheers

Comment

Interesting. As long as you are sure, I am sure. I've just never seen treads like that on purpose. Looks bad (as in good)!

Comment

This is how sure i am buddy

Comment

Sweet. I wasn't saying you were wrong, just saying I haven't seen that before.

Comment

Working...
                                X