No announcement yet.

Another cafe racer........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bump, for a GREAT read through and a even GREATER guy!

Comment

Well done, man. That bike looks mean.

Comment

Hi all, and especialy yaddy.

I'm going to see a very cheap GS50M tomorrow with a view to turning it into a Cafe. Then, whilst browsing the internet I cam across this (and the thread in the Cafe Racer forum) and I am very impressed.

You know how they say that copying someones work is the highest form of flattery, well, prepare to be flattered. ;-)

I hope that you and others here will be able to offer guidance, assistance and parts if needed. lol

Wish me luck. I'll post here to say if I bought it or not.

Comment

You picked a very nice build to copy!
          One of my all-time favorite cafe builds.

Good luck...keep the pix flowing...I know I will be watching.

BTW..Welcome to the forum!

Comment

Old thread, but a really inspiring build! That thing looks killer!

I especially like what you did with the tank, reshaping it slighly making it fit with the new look of the bike while still keeping its unique character. Do you have any more info or pics on the method you used? Did you just put layers of fibreglass until you had the size/shape you wanted or did you use something to create the shape and put fibreglass on top of? I have a tank I'd love to do a similar mod of for a project, so any more info you could share on that would be greatly appreciated. Did the fibreglass stick to the metal of the tank without problem or did you prep it in some special way?

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
            X