No announcement yet.

Cafe bike, but 2 seater?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My whole point was why would anyone else care if I want to have a cowl to enhance the looks or have "extra" unnecessary items on my bike? Does it make your cafe bike less special? I guess that ruffled some feathers somehow...

Anywho, does anyone else have suggestions for a 2 up cafe style seating?

Comment

Do what you want, it's your bike. I'll still give you credit for the work you put in even if all of those other toolheads stand there and mock.

The thing to remember is that there are NO RULES!!!. Chopper, Bobber, Cafe, Steetfighter - they're all motorcycle genres. You do what you want and what you see fit. It's completely up to you. No one with a self important attitude can tell you what it is or isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by lilbilly View Post
        My whole point was why would anyone else care if I want to have a cowl to enhance the looks or have "extra" unnecessary items on my bike? Does it make your cafe bike less special? I guess that ruffled some feathers somehow...

Anywho, does anyone else have suggestions for a 2 up cafe style seating?
        Might try using multiple seats, one for two-up and one for solo.
        I prefer multiple bikes myself....

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

I 2nd what zooks said. That was kinda the point of my post too.
          Last edited by Guest; 03-23-2009, 09:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
            Might try using multiple seats, one for two-up and one for solo.
            I prefer multiple bikes myself....
            I would LOVE to have multiple bikes!

Now how to convince the Mrs.......

Comment

Hey lilbilly,

Do what you want, make it your own and enjoy what you got!

Back on topic,
              i can't find the friggin pic but back in the day, my Dad had an old trumpet cafe racer, the seat on the back was vinyl and the hump was also vinyl. The two were fixed together with press-studs and was easily removeable for two-up riding. You could do the same, have a seat made with a detachable hump (velcro maybe?). Any decent upholsterers could make and shape a new seat using your original base even. Passenger could wear it like a little rucksack and you just stick it back on when you get wherever your going. Could have room inside it for your sarnies and gas cash too! Hahahahaha

Have fun with it and show us some pics when you make a start, cheers.

Comment

OK, As this thread is a bit muddied by what people think a Cafe bike needs to look like. Look here and enjoy.

Comment

Nice selection of "cafe racers" there, and how many had dual seats? I even saw a Yamaha amongst that little lot and guess what, a huge variety of styles too! Most share very little with what a lot of people of today call a cafe racer.

Comment

I can hear the soundtrack!

Originally posted by Old Colt View Post
                    OK, As this thread is a bit muddied by what people think a Cafe bike needs to look like. Look here and enjoy.
                    http://www.flickr.com/photos/3009657...288461253/show
                    Thanks, it looks like back then it was: do what you can, suite yourself, I like that today. Even back then, some folks thought they had to tell you what's right.
                    "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                    1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                    1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                    1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Originally posted by atb1998 View Post
                      Here is an idea that one manufacturer used to put on their bikes. Your gonna build one try this
                      Whoa! Neat idea, I think the execution could have been a lot more attractive, but very cool idea.

Comment

Working...
                      X