No announcement yet.

GS1100E born again into a Streetfighter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well. any machinist can do it. If you don't know one, contact Rob Wilton...Mr. KATMAN.

stuntman, stunts, aerial, cinematography, video, film, website design, suzuki, katana, editing, stunt coordinator, drone, uav

He could whip up anything to your specs, and great prices too.

You should start a thread and post some pics. I would not have tried it if I didn't see 80GS1000 do it.

I have to install the oil cooler, fuel lines, heat shrink the wires if it all checks out, bleed the front brakes, wrap up the exhaust.
    WELD some new rearset brackets on and I'm done.

Oh yeah "pita" Forking Fork seals.

Good luck man.
    Last edited by Guest; 07-02-2009, 01:38 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the info Pat. Right now I have every thing apart. I'm sending in the engine cases in for powder coating next week.

Comment

Great progress my friend, the mono shock and swinger look like they belong on that bike. What year gsxr swingarm is that? Also could you post a pic of how your front master cylinder is mounted ?

great work, keep those pics coming!

Comment

Sorry to but in - but what kind of battery is that you're using? seems small. Dimensions?
          Nice work by the way - inspirational.

Comment

It's an EXTREME X2 12amps/hr AGM type battery w/190CCA's. I'll get dimensions later.

U could use a bracket of some sorts for a mountain bike handlebar which are usually 7/8". Ebay has a variety of 7/8" clamps.

2005 GSXR 1000 swingarm.

Well got it running today. Starts up in half a heartbeat.

The Supertrapp is kinda quiet. I like it, especially the size and weight loss of the old V&H, adjustable too.

Have to heat shrink all the wiring soon.

Welding on the rearset brackets tomorrow or Tuesday.

Last thing to do are some turn signals in back and fork seals.

Some pics.

Last edited by Guest; 07-12-2009, 09:10 PM.

Comment

Very nice!

What kind of exhaust is that?

Comment

Awesome work there!

I think he mentioned Supertrapp on the exhaust.

Some smoothbores would make it come alive. Unless one is just a CV fan.

Rear sets......lol

I'm dreaming, don't mind me.

Clean electronic set-up. Very nice.

Comment

Headers = late 80's Yamaha FZR 1000
                  Muffler = Supertrapp Universal 10"

Comment

Looks really mean - like it's gonna jump you just sitting there. Like it a lot.

Comment

Cutoff the peg mounts and will get new ones welded on tomorrow.

Thinking about doing the seat myself.

Gotta study up on how Corbins are made, all about memory foam and gel inserts.

Anyone done one themselves?

Comment

Originally posted by patrickmcp View Post
                        Cutoff the peg mounts and will get new ones welded on tomorrow.

Thinking about doing the seat myself.

Gotta study up on how Corbins are made, all about memory foam and gel inserts.

Anyone done one themselves?
                        I doubt you're going to do justice to that machine with a home made seat. I had one done by Sergeants for the 1100 and am very satisfied with it. I basically cut the foam to the profile I wanted then specificed how I wanted it to look. They did a first class job.

Comment

Originally posted by reddirtrider View Post
                          I doubt you're going to do justice to that machine with a home made seat. I had one done by Sergeants for the 1100 and am very satisfied with it. I basically cut the foam to the profile I wanted then specificed how I wanted it to look. They did a first class job.
                          I agree. I re-shaped my stock foam into what I wanted, too, then took it to a reputable upholsterer, discussed options (they're the pros) and came up with a design I liked. It's one of the most visually important features of any bike. A badly done seat just screams at you. I've had 5 seats done, and none has ever cost over $200. Worth every penny when it turns out just the way you want, and it comes with a satisfaction guarantee.
                          1979 GS1000S,

1982 Honda CX500 Turbo, 1982 Honda MB5 w/CR80 motor, 1977 Honda "nekid" Goldwing, 1976 Honda CB550F cafe', 1972 Honda XL250 cafe'

Comment

selfish bump

Comment

you can't selfish bump without posting pics! especially after all the progress we've seen in the thread. C'mon, I know you got something else done.

Comment

Before you go through the hassle of changing out the fork seals, slide the dust cover down, take a piece of 35mm photo negative, stick it where the seal meets the slider and work it around the seal surface up and down like a saw. You may just have a little dirt in there that needs to come out. I did this on my bike ('95 GSXR 1100 forks) and fixed a leak. Took all of about 5 minutes. Also, what did you have to do to get the header to fit?

Comment

Working...
                                X