No announcement yet.

GS1100E born again into a Streetfighter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aye, I have had a "Trapp on my 1100ES for quite a while. Running 15 or 16 discs on mine, cant remember..But she screams when you tromp on her. Recently I switched it out with a Yosh pipe, but I do love my Trapp.. I ran mine with the DJ stageIII kit, 138 mains, stock pilots, and the clip on the third rung from the bottom..

Comment

I will Sync up the carbs tonight. I too have a DJ stage III kit, 138 mains, stock pilots, and the clip on the third rung from the bottom...but I have on 12 discs and the cap. I was thinking 12 discs and cap are good because my exhaust is so short.

Well, the carbs were sync'd before I adjusted the float levels, do I still sync them up and/or do I just COLORTUNE them?

I mean sync'ing them just adjusts the throttle plates and puts them in sync and isn't affected by the float levels right?, "Colortuning" would help me figure out the lean/richness right, which is my problem right now?
      Last edited by Guest; 04-20-2010, 09:22 AM.

Comment

Bueller...Bueller...anyone?

Comment

Turns out my Dyna S ignition module is not working correctly.
          Red wire back out of Dyna S ignition module cranks out 12+ volts
          Cylinders 1 & 4 wire cranks out 12+volts..
          Cylinders 2 & 3 wire cranks out 3-4 volts....Hmmm... bad ignition module.
          Grounded coils checked out fine, wires checked out fine, plugs as well.

So I gotta fork out some cash for a new one.

I heard keeping the ignition key on for a while does it as well as long term charging or jumping a battery may do something to it.

Driving on 2-3 cylinders sucks, it's intermittent though, but when all 4 coils work its got some kick.
          When all cylinders fire it runs like a RAPED APE, with about 90 lbs less weight on it the acceleration is great.

I tried 8 discs on the Supertrapp but it felt better with all 12.

The bug killing process continues...
          Last edited by Guest; 04-26-2010, 01:37 PM.

Comment

I'm thinking about slapping in some 36mm flatslides. Anybody have some settings or tips for me. I have the push/pull throttle setup as well.

I currently have a DJ stage III kit, 138 mains, stock pilots, and the clip on the third rung from the bottom, 12 Supertrapp discs and the cap and 4-to-1 exhaust.

I've never had flatslides before. What should I expect.

Comment

Well, how did the flatslides work out?

Comment

Just found this and want to see how it ends. Looks awesome but need an update.

Comment

Working...
                X