'82 GS850L handlebar question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'82 GS850L handlebar question

The crazy angle of the "buck horn" handle bars on my 1982 GS850L is really beginning to bother my wrists a lot lately. I've read that I should find a set of bars off a 79/80 E or G model. Are these 79/80 G/E bars the same, so year and model won't matter? Are there any other years and/or models which will be also be compatible with my bike?

Thanks,

Sore-wrirst Rocketman.

Those are better than the stock L bars, but they look like they could be a little straighter. Or maybe not. It's hard to know exactly what you will find comfortable, whether you like to learn forward or sit up. Maybe find a salvage yard and grab hold of a few bars to see what feels good, instead of spending money on more than one set. It's only 4 screws holding them on, and you don't need to change the controls over to know when you'll like.
    Dogma
    --
    O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you! - David

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
    '80 GS850 GLT
    '80 GS1000 GT
    '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

I think I prefer to sit straight up or even lean back a bit, rather than leaning forward. The old bones in my back aren't what they used to be.

Comment

I've got the stock bars off of my 1979 GS850GN; they look a lot like those eBay pictures. PM me and I'll find a way to get you a picture...

Comment

Working...
        X