Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

78 GS750 Chop, had to do somethin with it!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Henryinva View Post
    Finally have the frame welded up cept for the neck and a couple of tabs.
    Set the frame outside to show ya the FINE weather we're having here in balmy, sunny, Roanoke!
    mmm. that's proper that is.
    Always excellent to see something different. Will follow and enjoy That sounds orwellian or something. share and enjoy.

rgds,

Comment

those look really good!, most i have seen look like $hit!, but yours are looking so good i would like to ride one! hahaha
      good work man

Comment

I used to run up that a way, a lot. Had a buddy that lived in Crozet. Lemme know what yer looking for. I live about mile and a half from exit 150 on 81.

Comment

Sunny and 50 here today, Drug the engine outside and gave it a scub-a-dub. 32 years of road junk is a thrill to get off.

Comment

Henry, I can not wait to see the "after" pictures. I do not doubt that it will be something totally perfect!
            1979 Suzuki GS 500e

Comment

Tapered neck bearings showed up in the mail today. Started looking at making a neck stem for the springer and couldnt resist setting it up there just for giggles. Yeah, better start looking for ball fields to turn the thing around in.

Comment

I haven't checked this thread in a month or so. Really nice work you're doing. It's going to be a real head-turner.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Ricks View Post
                  I haven't checked this thread in a month or so. Really nice work you're doing. It's going to be a real head-turner.

Thanks Billy. Going to take me a little while to re-machine that springer though. It'll get there!

Comment

nice project you've got coming along. gonna be watching this one!

Comment

62 here today, so outside she went! Finished mudding up the frame and blew a couple coats of primer on the frame. Stripping the tank tomorrow and deciding how much Im cutting off the rear fender.

Comment

70 today, made it shiny!

Comment

Started rehashing the old beat to death springer. Made a new neck stem and upper tree for it. Bushings and spring rods are next on the list.

Comment

Made two spring rods for the springer. Made the nuts a little heavier duty and looking a little nicer. Bushings and building the rockers would be next up.

Comment

Got back to work on the springer components. Made some rocker bushings and spring guides for the lower springs. The smaller diameter is a press fit into the holes I opened up on the rear legs lower tree, so they will bush the oversize holes and keep the spring rods guided..

Comment

Rolled her outside today for a few pics. One pic rule sucks though!

Comment

Working...
                                X