Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

78 GS750 Chop, had to do somethin with it!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

started on it...

Comment

Originally posted by Henryinva View Post
      Ahahahahahaahaaa, Going to run SU's on the thing..Ought to be a little different...
      Okay I am going to plead ignorance. What are those? They look like carbs of some kind sorta maybe....

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Redneck View Post
        Okay I am going to plead ignorance. What are those? They look like carbs of some kind sorta maybe....

Paul
        Early form of CV carbs used on MGs and other English cars, very hard to tune, as oil viscosity in an upper vacuum chamber controlled the slide lifting.

They look great on the bike, hope it runs well.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Hi Mr. Henryinva,

I am enjoying your work. If you'd like to post more than one picture at a time, CLICK HERE. Keep up the good work.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
            Early form of CV carbs used on MGs and other English cars, very hard to tune, as oil viscosity in an upper vacuum chamber controlled the slide lifting.

They look great on the bike, hope it runs well.
            Those would be a set of SU carbs off of a 1962 Morris Minor. The car had something like 978cc engine. Most, if not all, european sports cars ran SU's back in the day, and I'm pretty sure Volvo even ran em.

I used to run SU's on all my MG's and Healeys. I can pretty much tune em by ear and feel, as I did that for years. (More than I care to talk about) Barometric pressure comes into play with the darn things so your allways tweaking them. On the other hand, thats half the fun!

Comment

UPDATES???
              I had SU carbs on my Triumph... Spitfire that is.

Comment

Well Hoosier, If you look at the last post I did on this bike, it was mid November, 010. Unfortunately on November 28th, 010, My wife passed away from cancer rather unexpectedly. As of today, all my bikes have been in limbo and I havent so much as looked at them much less lift a wrench.

Im not looking for a pity party by a long shot as Ive pretty well adjusted to being single after 34 years of being married. (no easy task however)

I figure maybe this spring I'll get back into 'em. I did buy a Vette though and am doing my best to run the wheels off of it....

You have any questions on your or my build, drop me a PM. I lurk around here a couple times a week and get emails when someone posts. Have fun with your scoot!

Comment

Sorry to hear of the loss of your wife Henry. Good to see you posting.

Comment

Yes, same here. I assumed after the long hiatis there was an issue of somekind, but had no idea it was that tradgic. So sorry.... Everyone handles a loss like that differently, but working on a bike can be verrrry theroputic. Glad to see you back.

Comment

Thanks guys, for the comments, as it is appreciated! Attached a pic of the new toy..

Comment

Other new toy Im playing with..

Comment

Other new toy Im playing with..
                          Is the toy tat equipment ? Or what the tat is on?
                          1984 GS1100GK newest addition to the heard
                          80 GS 1000gt- most favorite ride love this bike
                          1978 GS1000E- Known as "RoadKill" , Finished
                          83 gs750ed- first new purchase
                          85 EX500- vintage track weapon
                          1958Ducati 98 Tourismo
                          “Remember When in doubt use full throttle, It may not improve the situation ,but it will end the suspense ,
                          If it isn't going to make it faster or safer it isn't worth doing

Comment

Originally posted by hjfisk View Post
                            Is the toy tat equipment ? Or what the tat is on?

What its on!

Comment

Thanks guys, for the comments, as it is appreciated! Attached a pic of the new toy..

Looking good chief!

-Mark
                              -Mark
                              Boston, MA
                              Suck Squeeze Bang Blow..
                              sigpic
                              1980 GS850G with 79 carbs.....

Comment

Henry !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So glad to see you back. Love the new toys need some more pics of the second one it looks hotter than a $2 pistol.

Paul

Comment

Working...
                                X