No announcement yet.

Suzuki GS 500 hard tailing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I plan to modify the frame (triple backbone) instead of reservoir, or at least planning to do so. Original tank holds 2.4 gallons.
    I have not yet dealt with the petcock location in the tank, but slowly I will come and do this part.
    Yesterday job: mounting rear swingarm (to find an ideal position of rear wheel) and front fork.

1979 Suzuki GS 500e

Comment

1979 Suzuki GS 500e

Comment

Looking good, got a nice setup for getting the shape how you want and see the clearance as you go

Comment

new pics, I`m happy happy as a child, the motorcycle is finally on wheels!
          p.s.: pozdrav zdravku, tomici i mariu!

1979 Suzuki GS 500e

Comment

Looks good! Glad I'm not the only one sticking a front fender on the rear! Wish I had another one for the bike I'm building now.

Nice job and Im looking forward to more pics!
            Last edited by Guest; 01-30-2010, 09:41 PM.

Comment

Can anyone give me approximate dimensions for a solo seat for my bobber because I never worked on it and I do not want to make a mistake with it.
              I appreciated it and thanks allready.
              1979 Suzuki GS 500e

Comment

I'm about to make my own seat pan as well and I just used these templates to make it. Make sure when you print them, the printer doesn't shrink it to fit the page.

Comment

where did you get your forward controls from?

Comment

Originally posted by kruns View Post
                    Can anyone give me approximate dimensions for a solo seat for my bobber because I never worked on it and I do not want to make a mistake with it.
                    I appreciated it and thanks allready.
                    Depends on the seat. I have one thats 13 by 13, another thats 9 wide by thirteen long.

Dont know if that will help you out or not, but there you go.

Comment

Thanks Theo and Henry, these are very useful information! I will try to make a cardboard model of the seat (easier than cutting iron ).

jonny-rock,
                      Forward controls are made on lathe.
                      1979 Suzuki GS 500e

Comment

Today I was with an older man (a vital grandfather 76 years old) who made a spring seat for my future seat.
                        Later I run to a friend who helps me around the bobber motorcycle and who actually made the entire job with a hard tail chassis (he is very skilled with welding). By the way I made a couple of pictures.

1979 Suzuki GS 500e

Comment

I cut the triple backbone outta my 750 and used a 1 3/4" heavy walled DOM replacement. With gussets and the like, itll hold up fine. Good luck with your build.

Comment

WOW!!! That looks good! You and Henry are both building some nice Gs's. Can't wait to see the finished product. With that Sportster tank a lot of people are gonna do a double take thinkin its a Harley w/ a Suzuki motor.

Comment

Thanks, but it would be unfair of me to say that I (am) doing something of this alone, friends and local artisans helps in many ways and my task is just to put everything together. I am looking at the work of Henry and I can say that he is to me in many ways a pattern.
                              Work around my bobber will have to wait for some time because must assembly one streetfighter.
                              1979 Suzuki GS 500e

Comment

work has finally moved on! today we discussed about position of the handlebar and seat.

1979 Suzuki GS 500e

Comment

Working...
                                X