No announcement yet.

Crash bar and Ferring?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whatever, Nick. I'd imagine that someone with such compassion for teaching would be less of a jerk.

It's one thing to be adamant about a particular viewpoint, and another entirely to start throwing around insults simply because someone disagrees with you.

But it's all in fun - I still love you, Nick. But you don't return my phone calls anymore, and it makes me feel like the night we shared in Bali was meaningless and trivial. I'll still remember you at Christmas, but I don't think I can bring myself to send you anymore lingerie....

Keep on keepin' on, GSers.

-Q!

(But the Shaw quote was correct, Nick!!)

Comment

As I said, and seconded by Cragar, let's end this right now. I did not throw any insults at you or anyone else. It is you who has insulted me, and I have dismissed it as unimportant to me.

You continue doing that. Your last paragraph was uncalled for.

Let's end this right now.

Nick

Comment

That was an attempt at an end, Nick. The last paragraph was comic brevity - I would imagine that neither of us has the funds for a homosexual rondezvous in Bali, and that nobody here actually believes that I would know whether or not you had a preference for lacy undergarments.

I don't dislike you, Nick, and I wish you no ill will. Everything I've said was done so in an attempt to show you that not everyone will stand for being chided and spoken down to - even on the internet.

Lighten up, man - and I'll do the same.

Peace, love, and unity.

-Q!

Comment

I was not amused by that last "attempt". Thanks for ending this. Contrary to what you may think, I do not and did not put down anyone.

Whether or not you like me or dislike me is of no consequence to me. I hope this is the end. All of a sudden you were kidding, eh? I don't buy it. Not that it matters, because, to me, you certainly do not.

Nick

Comment

Thanks for the understanding, Nick - I knew I could count on you.

Comment

Why dint you back off and go practise some wing chun. Calling someone a jerk is not an attempt to end something
              We have been fighting with nick for years about fairings, shafts and saddle bags. I hate fairings but i will buy a kz1300 soon with a windjammer that looks like it came off a ferry boat because it is sensible to have when doing long touring. My other 2 bikes are chain driven and naked.
              Now pleas lets stop this *@%^$*@%^$*@%^$*@%^$. and i will ask the other fellows on the site to help me put and end to this pointless name calling.
              The remarks that nick made about foolish youth are common and very accepted in this website. Insulting his profession and his person really stinks also. I have been a teacher hater for most of my life and still find you remarks to nick((the old fart )) way out of line.
              Lets cool it guys

Comment

Can't we all just get along??

As Usual, we all agree to disagree on some things

No worries

seriously guys, let's all stop, I may have started it by mistake, I sure hope not guys. I really do not care if everybody uses Kerosene in their bikes, what ever works for you tickles the poop outta me. 8)

Peace Out!!

Comment

what ever works for you tickles the poop outta me.
                  Eww! I seriously do NOT want to see this!

Comment

I may have started it by mistake
                    Yea! Let's all blame Michael!

Comment

I think we have set some sort of a precedent here. Having a battle in the appearance mods forum
                      im going to start a squabble in the products reviews forum next

Comment

One of the great things about this site is the diversity of backgrounds, opinions, tastes and experiences of the participants.........when we keep our ears and minds open we can learn things out of the realm of our personal world. Different people express themselves differently, sometimes in a manner abrasive to others. Many of us have seen threads with innocent beginnings descend into unfortunate contests.......it has happened to me, and many others. My principal piece of advice when you are involved in such a situation is to communicate with the other person by PM. You may never resolve your differences but the exchange of views will be direct and uninfluenced by an audience. If you need a target worthy of public abuse, may I suggest the apocryphal (and contemptible) Claude.

As for fairings, the original subject thread: I have a fairly small 1/2 fairiing that came standard on my '83 GS750ES. I most definitely prefer it to no fairing as it does keep some of the wind off part of me at "sporting" speeds, without creating bothersome turbulence. My upper chest, shoulders and head are left out in the unblocked breeze. I cannot render judgement on larger fairings, as I have no experience riding behind one, and with the dry Colorado weather have no inducement to do so. Having said that, if I were to have a large touring bike, or have a bike on which I do high touring mileage, I can see that a truly protective fairing would be advantageous......and might offer some extra storage space, depending on type. In the end, the decision comes down to a purely personal decision of intended function of the bike vs. personal visual tastes. I generally tend to favor function over form, when they are in conflict.

Simon

Comment

I think we have set some sort of a precedent here. Having a battle in the appearance mods forum
                          Now THAT is funny!

Comment

Originally posted by QuaiChangKane
                            It's like a veggie-burger,
                            I'm all for not calling each other names or getting obscene or too personal but hey
                            What wrong with veggie burgers?
                            Just because we love our animal friends don't mean we have to eat them
                            Just remember the bumper sticker I saw:
                            Heart Attacks: God's revenge for eating his friends 8O
                            Doug aka crag antler

83GS1100E, gone
                            2000 Kawasaki Concours
                            Please wear ATGATT

Comment

Comment

Just because we love our animal friends don't mean we have to eat them
                                I do love 'em - I love to eat 'em!

I say we all form sides - pro and con firings. Then run our bikes headlong into each other. Those that 'chicken out' loose and have to convert to the other side.

Comment

Working...
                                X