Crash bar and Ferring?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by satchmo
    Now you have done it Doug. Satchmo lives at Mc Donalds and you know how he can get when it comes to a debate.
    Who said something about McDonalds? 8O 8O

Let me at 'em :?

Nah, I have nothing against our veggie loving friends, I personally think they're a little misguided sometimes, (like the kind of university vegans that go around in real leather jackets, belts and wallets) but to each his own, as long as they don't try to get me to stop eating my big macs I have no problems

Satch
    Thank you for your support Alex, but I unlike the university vegans
    have no leather on my belt,wallet,jacket,gloves or any where on my person. I am also not one to belittle or begrudge you meat eaters. :P
    I myself being a former carnivore, only being vegan for 5 years now. :twisted:
    Doug aka crag antler

83GS1100E, gone
    2000 Kawasaki Concours
    Please wear ATGATT

Comment

Thank you for your support Alex, but I unlike the university vegans
      have no leather on my belt,wallet,jacket,gloves or any where on my person. I am also not one to belittle or begrudge you meat eaters.
      I myself being a former carnivore, only being vegan for 5 years now.

Glad to hear that Doug. I've met three kinds of vegetarians in my life. Those who do it for health reasons (good for them), those who do it for ethical reasons (I can understand), and those who do it cause it's cool. It's kinda like the activist squads on campus shouting down with corporations while smoking their Camel brand cigarettes.

The first two I have no problems with, and in fact I admire the people who can stick by their principles or who look out for their health. Namely people like you but the last group drive me nuts, especially the radical vegetarians who are out to convert people more than the Jehova's witnesses.

I'm going to go mow down on my steak now, but don't worry I'm one of those who at least has a side of 2 types of veggies with it

Satch

Comment

I live in the middle of cowboy country. kd lang came from an area east of here. When she announced that she liked girls in an intimate kinda way, people said "oh well, she's an entertainer, they tend to be that sorta way" Later kd lang said she was a vegetarian. Honest to God...they took her off the radio. The town she came from, they took down the sign saying "Welcome to Consort...home of kd lang"

I'm not sure what this has to do with appearance mods, except to say that even big honkin' Windjammers can't stop a cow....

Still eating Alberta beef,
        Wingman

Comment

WOW,
          I have been gone for the past few days and to my suprise, I opened up a rather LARGE can of worms here... Just to let you all know, I removed my fairing last week, and the bike looks great, I dont plan on doing too much riding quite yet, being that I dont have a liscense, tags, and insurance, but once those little things are taken care of I will be sure to take into consideration all of the different opinions that were posted..
          Thanks everyone...
          C-ya
          Tom

Comment

Originally posted by MAGICTOM
            WOW,
            I have been gone for the past few days and to my suprise, I opened up a rather LARGE can of worms here... Just to let you all know, I removed my fairing last week, and the bike looks great, I dont plan on doing too much riding quite yet, being that I dont have a liscense, tags, and insurance, but once those little things are taken care of I will be sure to take into consideration all of the different opinions that were posted..
            Thanks everyone...
            C-ya
            Tom
            See Tom, it just goes to show you that on this forum you can post about one thing and next thing you know it has spun off into some many different ideas.
            Thanks 8) 8)
            Doug aka crag antler

83GS1100E, gone
            2000 Kawasaki Concours
            Please wear ATGATT

Comment

Doug
              That vegetarian business has messed up your face. 8O 8O 8O

Comment

Originally posted by slopoke
                Doug
                That vegetarian business has messed up your face. 8O 8O 8O

It's all them damn flies driving by the cow pastures :roll:
                Doug aka crag antler

83GS1100E, gone
                2000 Kawasaki Concours
                Please wear ATGATT

Comment

Bugs (or birds for that matter) don't hurt me cause I wear a thick leather jacket and helmet and gloves at all times. So should anyone who rides. As for it being hot, I just tell people to take a flying leap onto the pavement then tell me if you want the jacket and gloves or not :twisted: .

Comment

BTW, the above post is about the original topic made about 30 pages back .....

Comment

The original topic!!!!! 8O 8O 8O What are you, some kind of trouble maker.

Comment

Fairings suck

Yeah I don't know about this here guy talking about saving himself from a few little bugs and such with a fairing. You know there are other vehicles with huge fairings in the front, they are called cars. Stick to them if your afraid of bugs
                        I ride everyday on my 82' GS that I removed the fairings from because they were at the least a bothersome sail that created nothing but a hassle. I can of course understand using case guards and there certainly nothing wrong with them as this model of bike really has a deficiency with comfort when it comes to Highway pegs. The left side cover really puts a damper on those. However being actual case guards as they generally cause more damage in an accident then they save is not really the point. Thay are a comfortable place to put your legs when you are riding a few hundred miles. They are also great for bringing your legs against the case in cold weather to make a improptu heating system.
                        Anyway enough preaching I would use case guards but not for their intended purpose and leave the fairings to those cage drivers. Oh and before I hear any guff from sail drivers i put 32,000 miles on my bike last year and crossed the country twice and have never been killed by a beetle. Wuss.
                        Hell officer I know I was going much faster than that! :twisted:

Comment

Hmm I think if some one is scared of the wind ...and wants to hide behind a big fairing with a Eight trak, and a drinks holder and lugage with toilet paper in it....they should

but maybe they may be more comfy in a car

Comment

While we're at it...

Why don't we add the King/Queen seats to the debate?

Personally, I like the whole touring package, fairing, BIG fairing, luggage, crash guards, AND a big comfortable seat! My pickup truck doesn't take corners and curves near as well as my GS, so I like being on two wheels.

Catfishjoe 8)
                            GS850GL
                            Vetter fairing, Vetter bags & trunk

Comment

My two cents worth;

Crash Bars;
                              Got 'em, luv 'em. Dumped my bike at low speed years ago just after installing a new tire. Probably saved my stator cover. Besides, they aren't all that big, and they're nice shiny chrome. :mrgreen:

Fairings;
                              Make sense for long trips, but 95% of my riding is commuting or just rippin' around. I like the naked bike look. In fact, right after our trip this past summer, I removed my luggage rack. It made my bike look like some sort of two-wheeled station wagon.

Vegans;
                              "I didn't climb to the top of the food chain to eat grass". Bumper sticker. To me, funny. If ya' don't want to eat meat, hey, that's your choice. Good for you.
                              Kevin
                              E-Bay: gsmcyclenut
                              "Communism doesn't work because people like to own stuff." Frank Zappa

1978 GS750(x2 "projects"), 1983 GS1100ED (slowly becoming a parts bike), 1982 GS1100EZ,
                              Now joined the 21st century, 2013 Yamaha XTZ1200 Super Tenere.

Comment

Took me some time to get my 850 where I wanted it- ended up with a small clear shield from Dennis Kirk. Lets me stay in the wind (and the rain) can see right over it, but it takes care of most of the juicier flying critters (and at least one rock headed for my chin, ever caught one of those?). But hey, why dont choppers have shields? 'cause the front is so high, everything gets sucked under. oops, can I say sucked? -Joe in Boise

Comment

Working...
                                X