What do you think of this Paint Scheme

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do you think of this Paint Scheme

Well originally was going to do the old bike in a black and green paint scheme. But today I put the engine together to take a look at it after all the paint and cleaning. Well I have not painted the cylinder heads yet and I think I really like the look.

I am now thinking of a Green and silver theme...hmmmm .. Any Opinions.

looks kinda john deerish...lol....

Comment

I was thinking more like a monster Lawn Boy.. not a big fan of colored engines, I tend to stick with silver, black or maybe a shade of gray.

Comment

In all honesty, I think the green/silver is a little too "machine shop machine"-looking, and/or risks looking a little too home in the lawn and not the street...

I think the black/green you're talking about could look really sexy. I think that it could be frikkin' unique and unbelievably cool all wrapped up into one.
        Last edited by Guest; 06-27-2010, 12:54 AM.

Comment

I think I best not comment .

Cheers , Simon .

'79 GS1000S my daily ride in Aus

'82 (x2) GS650ET in the shed

Comment

Could look cool, but that depends entierly on what the rest of the bike looks like.

Just my two cents.

Comment

Hmm they don't call me Redneck for nothing,

LoL, I was thinking though if I went with the green and silver it would be in a silver frame with a green tank and silver pin stripes with green fenders and silver pinstripes on the fenders, spoke wheels or media blasted mags.

The black and green is a solid green engine with black frame, tank, and fenders and black out wheels and lower forks and a green leather seat cover.

Feel free to blast away. This is a fun thread with, though I am seriously considering the two color schemes for the other 550.

Comment

Will the rims be Yellow?

Comment

Okay You guys are making me think I may end up doing a "OCC Chopper-like" build dedicated to John Deere. I would fit my redneck image quite well. LoL. My family back home would get a kick out of it. Wonder if I can get some John Deere Stickers to put on the tank? I am silly enough to do it. The green I am currently using is a hair bit dark but passable...hmm

Yellow rims, Gas tank green with deere emblem. Yellow seat, should I use an E type seat or a L type seat? Green fenders. This is a definite posiblity. Wonder if I can find some Yellow engine paint for the Cyclinder Head section?

Oh the possiblities...

Comment

Just get something rolling in time for Moosehead, worry about fashion over the winter.

Comment

This thread is for the old bike, the newer one is almost ready, waiting on tire and turn signals to come in from Wilderness Motorsports. I have my MSF course scheduled for 16/17 Aug. Get bike registered and insured on the first and inspected hopefully by the 15th of July. Then, I have to be real nice to the wife, we will see.

Paul

Comment

I shall feed the fire

Go to your local John Deere dealer (as in big tractors not lawn equipment), there you will find everything you need. They sell JD green and yellow paint pre mixed by the quart, gallon, or aerosol. Also you can order genuine JD replacement decals for the tractor of your choosing.

How do I know all this you ask?

It was a real babe repellent who would a thought

Comment

Originally posted by Qckslvr View Post
                          I shall feed the fire

Go to your local John Deere dealer (as in big tractors not lawn equipment), there you will find everything you need. They sell JD green and yellow paint pre mixed by the quart, gallon, or aerosol. Also you can order genuine JD replacement decals for the tractor of your choosing.

How do I know all this you ask?

It was a real babe repellent who would a thought
                          lmao

Comment

it's your ride so ultimately up to you.... but i wouldn't do it. couldn't think of a worse colour to paint the motor... just my opinion

Comment

A babe repellent bike might actually get him more riding time

Comment

Working...
                              X