X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting little fairing with dual headlights and signals

Current Bikes:
    2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

Interesting, yes. I think it would look out of place on any GS though.
    Dogma
    --
    O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you! - David

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
    '80 GS850 GLT
    '80 GS1000 GT
    '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

Saw a couple of new bikes at the dealer's a week or so ago that had similar arrangements. They give the appearance the lights are pointed at the ground literally right in front of the bike, even though they are aimed properly out front. Still not sure I like the look.

Comment

I was interested at first until I saw how small it was.
        Current Bikes:

Comment

Here's more of this sort of thing if this is the sort of thing you like:

The eBay fairing appears to be close to double the price it should be...
          1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
          2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
          2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
          Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

Yeah, interesting, but I don't really think they fit the looks of the 1000G.
            Current Bikes:

Comment

Personally, I like that ebay fairing. I say this because it's different. That's why I chose the Rifle for my GS1100E, and the (brand unknown) little quarter fairing on my Red Hotrod. It's all a matter of personal taste.

I also dig that dual headlight setup. Wiring that thing up might be the tricky part. I rarely ride at night. But if I gotta be out after dark, I want people to see me. This rig has gotta help.

Comment

Looks too modern for a classic bike.
                sigpic

82 GS850
                78 GS1000
                04 HD Fatboy

...............................____
                .................________-|___\____
                ..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)___|____/_(O)|

Comment

Originally posted by Tom MLC View Post
                  Personally, I like that ebay fairing. I say this because it's different. That's why I chose the Rifle for my GS1100E, and the (brand unknown) little quarter fairing on my Red Hotrod. It's all a matter of personal taste.

I also dig that dual headlight setup. Wiring that thing up might be the tricky part. I rarely ride at night. But if I gotta be out after dark, I want people to see me. This rig has gotta help.
                  If the dual headlight setup is like most sportbikes, only one side lights up on dim. Both light up when you hit the brights. I used to keep my '01 Bandit on brights all the time because of this. Stupid idea in my opinion.
                  Current Bikes:

Comment

Working...
                  X