Aftermarket tail/brake light assembly? 1982 GS650G

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aftermarket tail/brake light assembly? 1982 GS650G

I did some searching, but still haven't found a definitive answer to this question:

Is there any manufacturer that makes and aftermarket LED tail/brake assembly for the 1982 GS650G?

Before I go fabbing something, I'd like to know if there's something out there that already exists - perhaps a tail/brake assembly from another bike?

The boxy OEM tail/brake assembly looks hideous, IMHO.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Just go online I use google and punch in tail light. I actually purchased one from amazon, couldn't believe it but they have some motorcycle parts from independant business'. Mine is oval with the plate attached for the tag. Just do some searching and if led is you rthing punch in led tail light.
    A tail light is a tail light just depends on what you want.

Comment

I know that I can fab a bracket to mount any 3-wire LED brake/tail light, however, I was wondering if there is:

1. An aftermarket assembly that is a simple bolt-on

OR

2. Is there a brake/tail from a different bike that is commonly used on the GS650G?

Comment

I am not sure if you want to have that cafe racer feel to the bike, but here's a place that sells some seats...

AirTech has Vintage bubble, box, dirt track seats and more? Call us for all your project needs, we've got over 30 years of experience in manufacturing bodywork.

Comment

My friend, what you need is a cat face tail light. $20, such a deal:

Go here and dig around in the electrical parts section: http://www.crc2onlinecatalog.com/

Or maybe you need a limp sausage...

Last edited by bwringer; 02-08-2011, 08:25 PM.
          1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
          2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
          2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
          Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

For a tail light ? The bigger the better. Small LEDs are not bright enough

Comment

Working...
            X