Pictures of my custom seat.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pictures of my custom seat.

I decided to make low profile bench seat for my 550. I downloaded the saddle guide from the "Chopper Builder's Handbook" as my main resource. Here's my progress so far.

tabs and tool clips.

Comment

Primer and hose edging.

Comment

Laminated closed-cell foam.

Comment

Test fit.

Comment

Experimenting with seat covers. Marine vinyl and various nylon thread. Which do you like better?

Comment

Black thread fir sure. Looks nice though

Comment

Very nicely done. I'd probably go for the black thread by the looks of what you're trying to do with the bike.
                Rob
                1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
                Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Hi,

Very nice work. Thanks for sharing!

I kind of like the white thread for contrast, but either looks great.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Nice seat. Damn never thought Id say that to another guy. Im with BassCliff though. I like the white stitching.

Comment

Wicked good idea with the tool clips. It looks very professional as well. I'm anxious to see the finished product.

Well done my friend.

Cheers,
                      Spyug

Comment

I like the white thread, but it would also depend on what you're envisioning for the paint scheme overall. If you're going black, black, & more black, the white thread wouldn't make much sense...

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. I like the contrast too, but it will be a dark color scheme. Maybe gray or charcoal instead of white? We'll see. I'll keep this thread current.

Comment

i got a few questions for you as im trying to make my own cover as well, how do you make the embossed areas like that is there any backing to this or just a simple stitch. im very new to sewing but i think i can manage. by the way mine will be negative of yours white vinyl w/ black thread.

Comment

Black thread for sure, unless you want the seat stitching to be the prominent thing the eye is drawn to on the bike. Discretion being the better part of valor, go with black.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Working...
                              X