How black can black get??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nvr2old View Post
    Great looking car, Dave. Very tasteful mods.
    I wish it were mine.

I have a '70 and a '73. The '70 is all original, the '73 will get a similar facelift that is seen in the picture however, the front facia is only available with the "square" 4-fog lamp system but mine will be converted to the original contour of the factory fogs (round amber) with a clear lense, instead. Otherwise the targa kit, side skirts and rear spoiler, will remain...

Did I mention the 4-bolt 350hp 350 on the engine stand, waiting to go in.

Comment

What would a base coat of Vivid Black relate to? I believe it is a Urethane paint going over an epoxy prime coat with a Urethane clear coat.
      '78 GS1000E, Dyna-S ignition, Dyna Green Coils, K&N pods, Delkevic SS 4-1 exhaust, Dynojet Stage 3 jet kit, Russell SS Brake Lines, Progressive suspension, Compu-Fire series Regulator 55402 and Advmonster cree LED headlight conversion.

Comment

Originally posted by Nessism View Post
        Chuck,

That Dupont paint won't be a proper match for the Skunk paint. As Sandy already mentioned, it has some metallic in it.

When the paint is mixed for Dale's bike it's no extra work to mix extra. Follow Dale's lead and send him money to cover the costs. He will get the color properly matched.
        99K Dupont has no metallic in it. It's black, a touch of blue and a touch of white. That's it. trust me, I've personally mixed it more times than I can count.

This is 99K on my Skunk.
        Last edited by IanC; 04-04-2011, 12:31 PM.
        -1978 Suzuki GS1000EC
        DONE!!! Rebuild thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=155564
        -2012 Triumph Daytona 675R

Comment

The blackest black is pantone 000. Infact in itself is not a color but a lack of color. Anything else are shades of grey.
          Last edited by Guest; 04-04-2011, 06:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sandy View Post
            According to Alpha Sports colour charts they where the same. Black Pearl Bluing 06T. I had my damaged tail piece painted to match my NOS tank and even in bright sun and holding them side by side you cannot tell the diffence. Anyway, if you're going to go stock the code is from a 2000 Honda Civic NH592P known as Flamenco Black Pearl. Any paint shop will have the colour chips for you to look at.
            Rather than go back and edit this post because it would probably get overlooked I'll up date it here. Sorry if I led you guys on a wild goose chase, but after rechecking the colour charts it looks the black is different between '78 and '79. The 06T Pearl Black Bluing (Weird name??) is for '78 and 08E Pearl Black is for the '79. The Honda code is for the '79 so the '78 could be somewhat different.
            '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Working...
            X