OEM sproket covers are boring.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OEM sproket covers are boring.....

So I pulled the trigger on an idea Ive had for a while. Its not finished yet, still a lot of grinding to do to clean up the edges and the rear. Spent a few hours on it, a few more to go. Digging out the foam from the back was a PITA and Ive had to cut a lot of the supports in the rear out so I could remove the pieces that I wanted to cut out. It will be cleaned up, polished, and then Ill experiment with what type of mesh Im going to put behind it to give it some contrast.

That is soooo cool! Do mine!

Comment

I like where you're going with that! It's gonna look top-notch when you get it done.

You could probably get a whole buncha guys here to pay you to dress theirs up...

Comment

It goes good with the paint on the tailpiece--I would paint the mesh you install a contrasting color--I like your idea

Comment

Hi,

That's very creative! It's going to look great.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Paint is getting switched to a black and silver Wes Cooley replica them, with gold striping. Spokes will be going on as well as a gold chain. Im thinking of using brass/gold mesh behind it. Still not sure though.

Also, if there really is interest in something like this, y'all can send me a PM.

Comment

Very nice

Comment

Very cool! Nice job.

Comment

Im being stupid obvious but does that not look like a Japanese rising sun.

Very cool.
                  82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Originally posted by bonanzadave View Post

Very cool.

I thought so too, which is why red mesh seemed the obvious choice to me.
                    -1980 GS1100 LT
                    -1975 Honda cb750K
                    -1972 Honda cl175
                    - Currently presiding over a 1970 T500

Comment

Looks Great!!

You have to do a matching clutch cover for the other side!!!

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
                        Looks Great!!

Heheh! Yeah, I thought about that too.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Thats very cool..wish mine didnt have the clutch release in it..nice work!

DDM

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
                            Looks Great!!

Dry clutch maybe??

Comment

Originally posted by bonanzadave View Post

Very cool.
                              That was my intention, so thank you for noticing and calling it out like that. Ive thought about doing red mesh behind it but red would clash with the rest of the planned paint work. Gold or brass would look the best IMO but Im going to leave it open for the time being until the paint work is done and I can get a better visual. More than likely, its going to get brass.

Comment

Working...
                              X