OEM sproket covers are boring.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Detroit Diesel Man View Post
    Thats very cool..wish mine didnt have the clutch release in it..nice work!

DDM
    Yeah me too .

Comment

Made of What?

what was it you used that required you to dig foam out of the back. I noticed the Rising Sun right away; very appropriate.
      1979 GS 1000

Comment

Originally posted by jknappsax View Post
        what was it you used that required you to dig foam out of the back. I noticed the Rising Sun right away; very appropriate.
        Not sure I understand what your asking but, In order to locate the supports on the rear of the cover, I had to remove all of the factory foam from the rear of the cover. I used my fingers, and a little screw driver to remove everything.

Comment

Too cool! Love the way it compliments the rising sun paint scheme on the tail piece.

Comment

I have been toying with doing something similiar my self but doing round holes. Had my cover sitting on the bench for months now.
            I think the bike looks great, the cover looks great, and I think if you put red as the back ground it would pop and be an excellent accent piece......not everything has to match....at least thats my $.02.
            Excellent job!

Comment

never knew there was foam backing the sprocket cover!
              1979 GS 1000

Comment

Make one with the signature Suzuki "S" in the center..remove all the outsides and just leave the S down the center.
                MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
                1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

This shows the rear sets that Im going with but it also shows how everything is going to tie together. The sprocket cover was cut to make the LS of the bike flow better and to personalize a rather boring piece on the bike.

Comment

Thats awesome. It even matches your rear set. Did you cut that out too?

Comment

Really nice. Well done.

Comment

DrImodium..find a way to cut the entire center out of the clutch cover and make it a see thru sight glass so you can see the clutches and oil slopping around.
                        MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
                        1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by chuck hahn View Post
                          DrImodium..find a way to cut the entire center out of the clutch cover and make it a see thru sight glass so you can see the clutches and oil slopping around.

Now THAT would be slick. I'd want that mod done to my bike.

Comment

Originally posted by jknappsax View Post
                            never knew there was foam backing the sprocket cover!
                            Yep, and after 30 odd years of being bathed in chain grease, it's nasty! Removing the foam was actually the hardest part of polishing the sprocket cover on my bike!

Comment

Originally posted by chuck hahn View Post
                              I've had that idea for awhile now, too bad I have NO idea how to do it. How would you get it to seal up?

Comment

Originally posted by Adler View Post
                                I've had that idea for awhile now, too bad I have NO idea how to do it. How would you get it to seal up?
                                Im working on it as I type. Im moving into a now shop at the end of the month so Its still a little ways out, but once Im set up in it, Ill get back on the project and post up some results.

Comment

Working...
                                X