No announcement yet.

Shiny Skunk for Chuck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's very good advice, Ed. Appreciate your insight.
    1979 GS1000S,

1982 Honda CX500 Turbo, 1982 Honda MB5 w/CR80 motor, 1977 Honda "nekid" Goldwing, 1976 Honda CB550F cafe', 1972 Honda XL250 cafe'

Comment

ED thing is its hard to quote prices because every job will have varrying degrees of dents, knicks in the plastics and such to not under bid yourself.. Best policy ( if it were me ) would to add that prices will be given on a job by job basis. Please send photos of the parts you want a quote on..i sent lots of pics especially of the tank. I knew it was gonna require a lot of filler and attention. I wont divuldge here what I paid for the entire bike, but suffice it to say i found it very reasonable. And based on his work on Bruces Cooley and now mine, I think that these two projects stand on their own as testiment of what a customer will recieve.
      Last edited by chuck hahn; 06-11-2011, 02:44 PM.
      MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
      1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

A few people that have seen my bikes have pinged me about painting theirs. Now my work isn't as detailed as Larry's here, partly on purpose, but I can tell you that I won't paint for other people because the amount I would have to charge to make it worth my while would be judged as unreasonable by many. It's great to have a quality painter available for those in need...and the quality shows so people should understand that quality doesn't come cheap.
        Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Just for grins, here's a few more that I've done recently. They all required the side covers, fenders and tail sections to be painted, too..but the tanks are the heart of em.

A couple of Honda Nighthawks

A Norton Commando

A Honda 750F SS

and a Moto Guzzi T3

Currently doing a '76 Ducati 750 SS, a Honda CX650 Turbo, a late model Buell, and another GS1000S Wes Cooley, so I'm staying real busy these days. Thanks again for the interest.
          1979 GS1000S,

1982 Honda CX500 Turbo, 1982 Honda MB5 w/CR80 motor, 1977 Honda "nekid" Goldwing, 1976 Honda CB550F cafe', 1972 Honda XL250 cafe'

Comment

Originally posted by Nessism View Post
            We have a Parts and Services forum here on GSR. I suggest you start a thread, include a few photos, and list some general prices so people don't have to ask. Keep it simple.
            I agree, even rough ballpark figures would be nice, to work with.
            '82 GS1100E

Originally posted by themess
            Only in your own mind did you refute what I wrote.

Comment

I know Larry very well and he and I collaborated on several of his projects since he's taken this painting stuff seriously. I have a very successful Helmet painting gig that I've been doing since 1991

I know you guys don't know me from Adam, but I can attest that his stuff is top shelf no BS. I am a painter as well and I wouldn't paint the stuff he does because what I would charge would insult most everyone. He is not making a killing off this stuff and he is right in that the materials are expensive. That alone should scare most people from even attempting to do their own paintwork. I don't say this often, but I would let Larry paint for me anytime.

Comment

Originally posted by nvr2old View Post
                Just for grins, here's a few more that I've done recently. They all required the side covers, fenders and tail sections to be painted, too..but the tanks are the heart of em.

A couple of Honda Nighthawks

A Norton Commando

A Honda 750F SS

and a Moto Guzzi T3

Currently doing a '76 Ducati 750 SS, a Honda CX650 Turbo, a late model Buell, and another GS1000S Wes Cooley, so I'm staying real busy these days. Thanks again for the interest.

Larry, I quoted your post so that folks would get another look.
                I have to say that a paint job like these has to be worth at least as much as a set of Ohlins.
                You do fine work!

Comment

Thanks, Don. I appreciate that very much. And Nunzio, thank you, too, for the props. Chuck's bike has brought a lot inquiries the last few days. I'm grateful to the members, and the gentleman who owns this site for the chance to pimp em a bit.
                  1979 GS1000S,

Comment

Larry..got one of those micro fiber towels today..gonna get several more too. This one is new and wqas given to me..beggars cant be choosey!!!
                    1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

I recognize that black and orange CB750 gas tank. It's on Do The Ton and I think that bike was one of the nominees for bike of the month!

Comment

why would a Honda be a nominee on a Zookie site???

Comment

Originally posted by chuck hahn View Post
                          why would a Honda be a nominee on a Zookie site???
                          I said it was a nominee on "Do The Ton" .

Comment

My bad..i was thinking that was a screen name...LOL.

Comment

Too many "modded" bikes over there, Chuck. You would pop a vein.
                              sigpic

82 GS850
                              78 GS1000
                              04 HD Fatboy

...............................____
                              .................________-|___\____
                              ..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)___|____/_(O)|

Comment

Yeah.... Do The Ton is a forum for cafe racers and bobbers.

Here it is! That black and orange CB750 is in South Seattle. I need to go see the bike and see Larry's work in person .

Comment

Working...
                                X