Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by elcornus View Post
    Yes and yes.
    I'll be putting heat tiles on the seat and tail; http://www.maier-mfg.com/catalog/12-x-12-heat-tile-kit
    I might fab up an alum. heat shield as well, just to be cool....get it? to be cool

And I'll be wrapping the exhaust in header wrap from collector to tip.
    I "might" wrap the header as well, have to see what it looks like on the finished bike to decide.
    They sell some stuff like the Maier stuff at Home Depot.
    Sticky on one side and aluminum foil on the other.
    A neighbor used it as underlayment under the carpet in his car and under the hood for insulation.
    Works great!

Eric

Comment

DUece, how are those shocks working for you? I noticed you have them layed way down, did that help with the spring rate?

Comment

Originally posted by Duece View Post
        I never really liked fairings until I got my bike with the viper fairing on it. This is the best picture I have at the moment, but I think it gives it a smoother look.

THAT ain't no fairing,.....more like a fly swatter!

Now here's a REAL fairing,......and "period" to boot!

These Vetters (SS model here, has built in turn signals) look great, give some onboard storage, and with about 6" cut off the top give a reasonable air flow over the top while still protecting the rider. The pics in my signature are before i trimmed the top off the shield.....

......much better now, and rain doesn't obstruct the shield, as i am looking over it a bit now.

Comment

Working...
        X