From a sow's ear..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 7981GS View Post
    As the stock mirrors are only good for checking your shoulders for dandruff,
    I am going to be using something like these on my Cooley fairing:

And would really prefer to use these readily available Suzuki items that also work better and even look stock:

They sure look like they mount very similarly and would not break your heart if they were to be damaged or stolen.
    There are probably other sets available out there that work better and look better on the bike IMHO.

Eric
    Boy, those both look good, and look like they'd work. Nice to know there's something to use as an alternative. You're absolutely right about the stock mirrors. They're worthless unless all you want to see are your shoulders. But, they're correct. I was riding a friend of mine's Honda RC51 the other day and noticed the mirrors on that bike would probably mount up, too, plus, I could actually see behind me. It might behoove anyone to stash the stockers away and go for something like the ones you've shown if for no other reason then safety's sake.
    1979 GS1000S,

1982 Honda CX500 Turbo, 1982 Honda MB5 w/CR80 motor, 1977 Honda "nekid" Goldwing, 1976 Honda CB550F cafe', 1972 Honda XL250 cafe'

Comment

Exactly Larry.
      Either keep the stockers to install when/if you take the bike to a show or sell them and fund another project.

Eric

Comment

Larry,

The drilled discs look great on your bike! Like you say, it's all in the details!

Originally posted by nvr2old View Post
        Thanks for the compliment on the bike, I appreciate that. The front tire is a 110/90x19. I really liked the "look" of these tires, too, like slicks with a tread pattern, and they came highly recommended from a hot-shoe friend of mine. But to be honest, they're not quite what I had hoped for. They never have given me a confident feeling the way a set of (my favorite tires) Michelin Macadam 50's did. They always feel a little slippery when banked over on them..never fully "planted". They're not crap by any means, but I think the next set will be Pirelli's, Avons, or another set of Michelins if I can even find them..which was one of the problems I faced originally when buying this set.
        Larry,

If you've never tried them I would recommend Pirelli Sport Demons. They're simply the most confidence inspiring bias ply tire I have ever used. The wear isn't great but the grip is outstanding. Avon RoadRiders get much better life but don't have the 'feel' of the Sport Demons.

Thanks,
        Joe
        Last edited by Joe Nardy; 05-20-2012, 10:03 PM.
        IBA# 24077
        '15 BMW R1200GS Adventure
        '07 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS
        '08 Yamaha WR250R

"Krusty's inner circle is a completely unorganized group of grumpy individuals uninterested in niceties like factual information. Our main purpose, in an unorganized fashion, is to do little more than engage in anecdotal stories and idle chit-chat while providing little or no actual useful information. And, of course, ride a lot and have tons of fun.....in a Krusty manner."

Comment

Working...
        X