No announcement yet.

Let's See Those L's!!! [GS***L Picture Thread]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love it, where did you source the decals from?

Comment

I'll throw my new 550 in. First wash in at least 5 years and a once over with chrome polish. Waiting on new tires so didn't do the wheels, they will get done when they come off.

Comment

Originally posted by EyeDreamt View Post
        I'll throw my new 550 in. First wash in at least 5 years and a once over with chrome polish. Waiting on new tires so didn't do the wheels, they will get done when they come off.

Looks good for just a wash and polish .

Comment

My first post. This my 1983 GS300L, all original 5500 miles.
          I bought it in 1986 and rode it until 1991 when I parked it in the garage.

I pulled it out earlier this month and sent it to a guy who got it running for me for $200. I've been power washing, de-rusting, and polishing for the last week.

It's as fun as I remember it from 22 years ago. It runs well except it leaks some fuel from the air box tube.

I've stripped the clear coat off the engine casings but the aluminum is stained so I still have to clean that. Anyone have any trick for doing that?

Comment

Originally posted by hoser4 View Post
            My first post. This my 1983 GS300L, all original 5500 miles.
            I bought it in 1986 and rode it until 1991 when I parked it in the garage.

I pulled it out earlier this month and sent it to a guy who got it running for me for $200. I've been power washing, de-rusting, and polishing for the last week.

It's as fun as I remember it from 22 years ago. It runs well except it leaks some fuel from the air box tube.

I've stripped the clear coat off the engine casings but the aluminum is stained so I still have to clean that. Anyone have any trick for doing that?
            You have a rarity with that 300. If you post about the fuel in the carb/fuel folder, the folks here will help you get that sorted out.

Comment

'81 GS850L in progress

Not the best pic and she's not done yet!
              ETA: It's an '82. Never post after a Southern Tier PumKing Ale!

Last edited by Guest; 08-26-2013, 12:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by hoser4 View Post
                LOTS of time and patience with a sisal wheel for buffing. I work a little while and then walk away...it's very monotonous. I've been working on one side cover for a couple of evenings...

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. Here are a couple of updated pics.
                  It looks better now. I spend a few days and a lot of elbow grease. And as GreatDane said, a lot of patience.

It is the petcock that is leaking fuel so I put an inexpensive in-line fuel shut off for now. (Red lever below the gas tank) I'll spend the time and money to do it right over the winter.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                    One is linked in my sig, the other one is not there yet.

Wife's '82 850L

We can play "how many differences can you spot?" with this picture. (There are at least 7 differences from picture above.)

#1 son's '82 650L
                    before:

during:

after:

He will be ordering badges for tank and side covers to finish it off.

That is a beautiful paint job.
                    future owner of some year and displacement GS bike,as yet unclaimed and unowned.

Comment

Comment

[QUOTE=67camaro;1734223]80 550L

I really love this!

Comment

Originally posted by Meriban
                          This has been a project that I never could have done without the help from all of you on this board, I thank you all and hope you like the results...I have another photo coming with it being completely done...

Looks good!

Comment

Comment

Nice Pic Cheryl

Originally posted by Cheryl

My L with drag bars. Feels a lot better not using the stock bars.
                              Your bike looks great! And you are shying away from the camera.

We'll ride someday in MD!

Ed
                              GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                              GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
                              GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                              Originally posted by GSXR7ED
                              Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

New to me 1983 GS850 GL

Currently in the Stable :
                                2002 Honda Goldwing GL1800 Sunburst Pearl Orange
                                1983 Suzuki GS850 GL Blue & Black

" I am never lost until I run out of fuel...until that moment I am EXPLORING."
                                - Carl R. Munkwitz

Munk's Maxim: "There is no such thing as a cheap motorcycle"

Comment

Working...
                                X