No announcement yet.

Let's See Those L's!!! [GS***L Picture Thread]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shadowfocus603...Where did you get that backrest...Awesome ;-)

Comment

Like I said in an earlier post just below the pics it was on the bike when we got it. I'm not personally a fan of it but it seems the community of L enthusiasts at large as well as my fiance (her bike) seem to disagree lol.

Comment

My 86 GS550L

Here are a few pictures of my 550L bobber project.... I am a Air Force veteran and loved the old school military bobbers... After riding my bike stock for a year I decided to start hacking and welding. So far I just chopped the rear section off and installed a LaRosa hand made leather seat (looks really cool). got a 40's ford tail light and tag mount from TC Brothers choppers. A Shinko rear vintage road tire. Chopped the exhaust off and stepped the jets up a step to compensate for the lack of back pressure but left the air box because of those dumb a$$ dual oval mikuni's (looking for round slides and also looking for a 4-1 exhaust). I ride it everyday I get the chance and I love riding it more so then the sport bikes I use to ride cause I don't feel the over whelming need to kick it in the but and go as fast as I can on it... Still looking for some spokes from a 78 or older, thinking about raking the neck, would love to hard tail it but the hexagonal subframe is scarey and my welding skills are sub par at best. taking off the speedo and other non essentials right now. I do still need to pop a fender on the rear but it is hard to do when I have the mono shock and I already have had the tire rub my seat pan... hope you guys enjoy. please leave your thoughts.

GS550L 2.jpg

Comment

Give 'em L.
          Attached Files
          Torn & Frayed
          79 GS1000E
          80 GS1100L (2)

Comment

Here's my "L"adys...the black and silver 850 was fully restored by myself 100% stock with all stock parts, and the burgandy one is my show bike which I ride every now and then. It only currently has 500 miles on the clock, 100% again stock. Love those "L"s...

Comment

My 650L, I have had it 10 years and it is currently partly stripped for a cosmetic restoration.
              Attached Files

Comment

And another pic of it when I lived in Amsterdam
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by JerryBB View Post
                  My 650L, I have had it 10 years and it is currently partly stripped for a cosmetic restoration.
                  "Cosmetic restoration " ? I hope mine doesn't hear about this!
                  interesting front fender - I went other direction and added a mud flap to mine to keep road debris/gunk off oil filter cover as I spend lots of time on dirt roads.
                  1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by tom203 View Post
                    "Cosmetic restoration " ? I hope mine doesn't hear about this!
                    interesting front fender - I went other direction and added a mud flap to mine to keep road debris/gunk off oil filter cover as I spend lots of time on dirt roads.
                    Mostly just a respray, a good clean including getting some of the rust off the pipes etc and a bit of a touch up where needed. The front mudguard/fender is off a 650GT (UK Model) and cut down. The stock mudguard had rotted away and they are very hard to find in the UK, the GT fender I had off a parts donor I bought on the cheap. In the main any of the parts that make it an L are hard to find in the UK or very pricey to pay shipping for from the US. I could do with a new seat base as it is rotten and is why in all the pics it has at least one bungee on it!

It was blue when I bought it, though not stock paint, with very high bars and original pipes but with a very rotten collector box and cans, the pipe on it now is a motad with a cut down can and home made baffles which sounds great.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Guest; 02-28-2015, 11:15 AM.

Comment

1980...Got it from my dad. Ha s new smaller wind screen now.
                      GS850L.jpg

Comment

1982 GS650GL. I've done some customizing to get it to this point. 20150428_193922.jpg

Comment

Been customizing mine since it was purchased - front is soon to be dropped a bit more with slimmer black headlight ears, clip on handlebars, and a smaller fender

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by mike1414 View Post
                                Been customizing mine since it was purchased - front is soon to be dropped a bit more with slimmer black headlight ears, clip on handlebars, and a smaller fender

HEY I know that bike! That was my bike a skazillion years ago! Nice to see it still alive and kicking. I like the bars you put on it. I'd put some shorter bars on it but the guy I gave it to put the buckhorns back on it.
                                "Men will never be free until Mark learns to do The Twist."

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

Working...
                                X