• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back when I owned it.

"Men will never be free until Mark learns to do The Twist."

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

No way!!! This is so awesome. I am honored to meet you! It's been a bumpy road so far with the old girl, but she's coming around. I wish I still had those signals and the original paint!

Comment

Allie, grips, led strip under tank seam, motor looks detailed, jugs repainted, fork legs polished.

Comment

This is mine but I had to create a new account to post again .

Originally posted by Tamara View Post
          Two L's . My friend's '82 1100 shafty and my '85 450.

Comment

I picked up this 1982 GS550L a few days ago. It is in pretty good condition and runs great.

Comment

82 GS550LZ kinda got a Mad Max / rat rod theme at this point. My goal is to make it mechanically reliable, while keeping it's rougher appearance & sound. Note there is a front fender, I just don't have it on in this pic (being chopped & painted like tank). Despite how she looks, the suspension, brakes, motor, carbs, and electrical system have all been refurbished (currently awaiting Dyna ignition to wrap up electrical work).
              Attached Files

Comment

Bone stock 81 GS1100e
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by trtsmb View Post
                  This is mine but I had to create a new account to post again .
                  They both look killer!
                  "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                  1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                  1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                  1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Not an "L" I think.

V
                    Gustov
                    80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
                    81 GS 1000 G
                    79 GS 850 G
                    81 GS 850 L
                    83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
                    80 GS 550 L
                    86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
                    2002 Honda 919
                    2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
                      They both look killer!
                      Thanks! Mine is getting a tear down this winter and freshened up. The paint took damage when I had it shipped down here from NH.

Comment

Just got my dads repainted and wiring sorted out

Comment

GS1000G them fenders look good paint matched to the bike. Check the link in my sig. Love the silver.

Comment

Misidentified

Originally posted by gustovh View Post

Not an "L" I think.

V
                            Looks like an "E" model.

Ed
                            GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                            GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
                            GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                            Originally posted by GSXR7ED
                            Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

I would do that but dad wants them to be rechromed so thats what will happen. I liked the blacked out emblems but dad also doesnt want them either.

Comment

'82 650 gl

Picked up late last fall. Very clean, 14000 miles. Had what i thought to be the usual "sat too long, gummed up carb" issue. Got it on the cheap. Cleaned carbs, found hole in one diaphragm. Replaced, still didn't run worth a hoot. Further investigation revealed that someone had been fooling with the cam chain, and got it off a tooth. Re timed, now runs great. I had a new 650 G back in the day, and regretted
                                letting it go. Wasn't sure I'd like the GL, but it's growing on me. Very comfortable to ride, and very smooth. After a variety of bikes between the two 650's, I think I'm back where I belong.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X