Let's See Those L's!!! [GS***L Picture Thread]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by old_skool
    Nice bike, hows that replacement battery holding up, any issues with it yet?
    Thanks
    The first battery I installed (A123) died in a sea of flames and melted battery parts. Do NOT use those on a bike unless you have some kind of charging system specific for them.
    Second battery, a Shorai of about the same size as the first (different technology, and charging circuitry incorporated in the battery) lived an uneventful life until it was completely discharged by a malfunctioning relay.
    Third battery, replaced under warranty by Shorai (very nice of them), has been just fine (knock on wood). All my relays are waterproof now, cheap insurance against another dead battery.

Comment

Originally posted by scaylabs View Post
      How come I didn't post here yet?

This is my favorite bobber

Comment

Very clean...

Originally posted by scaylabs View Post
        How come I didn't post here yet?

I think I have just found my inspiration for my 450L makeover....

Comment

This is my favorite bobber
          I think I have just found my inspiration for my 450L makeover....
          Thank you guys!

I have to admit it's a little rougher in person than in pictures, kinda "ratty" even, but I like it. Spend a lot less time cleaning it.

Comment

This is my 83.I enjoyed building it and will probably tear it down this winter and try something different maybe.

Comment

Yeah that is one of the things i will b changing,but i couldnt find one i liked and i wanted to get some miles on it.I agree its not real pretty but it is comfortable.

Comment

Originally posted by warriorguy View Post
                Yeah that is one of the things i will b changing,but i couldnt find one i liked and i wanted to get some miles on it.I agree its not real pretty but it is comfortable.
                I don't know. I kinda like it. But I'm old and not too cool anymore.
                Current Bikes:
                2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

Comment

My L, seat covered with an aligator skin vinyl, 1100 E headlamp, daytona bars, smaller blinkers and tail lamp

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                    It worked well, except for the backlight and the fact that it's NOT waterproof.

We have replaced it with one of these.
                    No real advantage to having dual temp displays, but the orange lighting is nice and matches the GS lighting PERFECTLY.

Is that one waterproof or at least water-resistant? The listing doesn't say one way or the other

Comment

Originally posted by 850GT_Rider View Post
                      Is that one waterproof or at least water-resistant? The listing doesn't say one way or the other
                      I just picked one up myself as it was pretty cheap but I don't believe it's waterproof. It's one reason I made the bracket the way I did in this thread.
                      Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                      1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                      2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                      Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                      and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

My wife has an '83 GS1100G"L". Did an aftermarket rear rack exist? I've seen the pictures in this posting and I realize the spacing is a little different between models. Did the racks have any support on the rear fender? Were the racks only supported by the upper shock mounts? I'm thinking of looking at salvage yards for parts, but need a little more info on what to look for.
                        Thanks for any and all replys,

Comment

Bob,

KG was one really popular rack. They mount to the bile at the upper shock studs and where the rear turn signals mount. They normally require some spacers at the turn signal mounts.

Comment

OK, so I am new to riding, motorcycles and certainly the GS. I know it's in good fun, but what do the L haters hate about the L models?

Comment

Seats, handlebars, comfortability, responsiveness, the list goes on.

As far as I'm concerned, if you like it ride it; just keep it safe to be on the road.
                              Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                              1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                              2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                              Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                              and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by old_skool
                                ...just not as enjoyable for someone who's at least 6' tall...
                                FWIW, I'm 6' 4" and find mine quite comfortable, especially now that bars have been replaced. It is, however, my first bike, so I have little experience for comparison.

Comment

Working...
                                X