Official Katana Picture Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by crabbait View Post
    1980 with original spoke wheels just waiting for exhaust being ceramic coated
    far out!! look forward to those photos. cleeeeean

Comment

Originally posted by ptexotik View Post
      the rim (Chicane (sp)) allows for a 140 (stock = 120) rear tire w/out any mods nec.
      ps your jury should be dismissed! definite mistrial if there's not immediate consensus!!
      Sorry brother. I'm a purist by default. The bike looks very sweet. Like I said before I like the back rim and the pipe looks good too. The seat isn't original but looks comfortable. OK, I get that. But its that cut down windshield that I disagree with. I usually like custom mods as long as they improve the ride. Sorry if I offended you, it wasn't my intent.
      1985 GSX750SF (BOTM March 2015)
      1986 GSX750SG (parts bike/project?)

Comment

Originally posted by odin1 View Post
        Sorry brother. I'm a purist by default. The bike looks very sweet. Like I said before I like the back rim and the pipe looks good too. The seat isn't original but looks comfortable. OK, I get that. But its that cut down windshield that I disagree with. I usually like custom mods as long as they improve the ride. Sorry if I offended you, it wasn't my intent.
        haha, not at all ... it's all good! (just jokin' around)
        the original windshield up front and fender in the rear ... I'll pass just because they look so ridiculous and are not 'in line' with the bikes' incredible lines (for a late seventies concept!), but I get the 'purist' angle too!
        Had to slice & dice that biooootch!!
        Last edited by Guest; 03-30-2014, 08:25 AM.

Comment

Have you thought about an 18" front chicane to match? Just wondering. I like the different, uniqueness of it.
          Laters
          G
          sigpic1983 1100 Katana - soon to be turbo Busa powered.
          2007 GSXR1K-Sold-But not forgotten.
          Have 2X ZG14 engine's for '81 GS750E project.
          '82 GS750E frame is TITLED awaiting GSXR1127/12B engine and '81 1100E slowly being built.

Comment

Originally posted by gmansyz View Post
            Have you thought about an 18" front chicane to match? Just wondering. I like the different, uniqueness of it.
            Laters
            G
            I'm all done re mods. Next guy can 'deal'
            I have original rim and will reinstall when selling (when that time comes)

Comment

Sorry to hear you will sell it. Sure you cannot find a way to keep it?
              I got my '83 1100 for my 21st birthday nearly 30 years ago. Don't think I will ever sell it. Will result in too much regret and misery. Like when I sold my '70 446 Challenger S/E.
              Sorry
              G
              sigpic1983 1100 Katana - soon to be turbo Busa powered.
              2007 GSXR1K-Sold-But not forgotten.
              Have 2X ZG14 engine's for '81 GS750E project.
              '82 GS750E frame is TITLED awaiting GSXR1127/12B engine and '81 1100E slowly being built.

Comment

Originally posted by gmansyz View Post
                Sorry to hear you will sell it. Sure you cannot find a way to keep it?
                G
                no immediate selling plans ... but I'll not lament it when time comes. Just hope the next person gets as much of a kick as I did!

Comment

Maiden spring journey

Got her out today for 20 miles or so. Still the coolest bike I know of.

Comment

Looks good Steve. I thought you sold that, again.
                    1985 GSX750SF (BOTM March 2015)
                    1986 GSX750SG (parts bike/project?)

Comment

Originally posted by odin1 View Post
                      Looks good Steve. I thought you sold that, again.
                      It's like a lost puppy that keeps finding it's way home.

Comment

No comments, on the exhaust hanger...
                        El G

Comment

The bike looks superb with the GSXR 18" 3 spoke wheels and fork
                          What's the free length of your shocks?
                          sigpicJohn Kat
                          My bikes: CB 77, GS 1000 ST Cafe Racer with GSXR 1052 engine, GS 1000 ST, XR 41 Replica with GS 1085 engine,
                          GS 1100 SZ Katana with GS 1135 EFF engine, KTM Superduke 1290 R 2020

Comment

Just discovered this thread - Ooh Katana Overload! Would love to own one someday... It's somewhere on my (rather extensive) Garage-Bucket List...

About five or six years ago my then boyfriend and a friend of his were fixing up two Kats; I believe his got a transplant in the form of a GS1100 motor (they bought it as a rolling frame). Pity is, we got to ride on it once. The day after that a taxi jumped a red light and ended his life too soon

His friend sold the two Kats for next to nothing right after that - I haven't seen either of them since. Don't even have photos to share!

So I found some internet-link-thingys:

Not too sure about those pipes sticking out behind the seat...:

A very nice orange item:

Comment

Originally posted by John Kat View Post
                              The bike looks superb with the GSXR 18" 3 spoke wheels and fork
                              What's the free length of your shocks?
                              Thank you.
                              13.5"
                              G
                              Last edited by Guest; 05-14-2014, 11:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dragonkarr View Post
                                Just discovered this thread - Ooh Katana Overload! Would love to own one someday... It's somewhere on my (rather extensive) Garage-Bucket List...

About five or six years ago my then boyfriend and a friend of his were fixing up two Kats; I believe his got a transplant in the form of a GS1100 motor (they bought it as a rolling frame). Pity is, we got to ride on it once. The day after that a taxi jumped a red light and ended his life too soon

His friend sold the two Kats for next to nothing right after that - I haven't seen either of them since. Don't even have photos to share!

So I found some internet-link-thingys:

Not too sure about those pipes sticking out behind the seat...:

A very nice orange item:

https://katmankatana.wordpress.com/tag/katana-1100/
                                The pipes sticking out the back are the other 2 cylinders. That bike looks awesome.

Comment

Working...
                                X