Engine decals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Engine decals

Can anyone direct me to a source for the decals ("SuzukI" and "DOHC") that are on the engine? I did a search and checked the links but was only able to find body decals, nothing for the engine.

My decals aren't in bad shape, but I want to polish the aluminum and will remove them to do so. If I can't find new decals is there a way to safely remove the existing decals and reapply them?

Thanks!
    K

I get all my Suzuki parts from here

If you are looking for a most reliable online destination for Suzuki or any other motorcycle parts then CMS is a highly reliable solution to serve your needs

Comment

Originally posted by Skinner View Post
      If I can't find new decals is there a way to safely remove the existing decals and reapply them?

Thanks!
      K
      Yes, remove the case covers and warm the underside with a propane torch then slip the blade of a utility knife under the edge of the emblem and sowly pry them off. They will loosen up as the adhesive softens from the heat.

De-stinking Penelope http://thegsresources.com/_forum/sho...d.php?t=179245

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...35#post1625535

Comment

I bought mine direct from Suzuki. Its amazing the stock still available.

Comment

You might be interested to know that the new decals are not the all-black ones like rustybronco showed.

The new ones will look more like this:

sigpic
          mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
          hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
          #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
          #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
          Family Portrait
          Siblings and Spouses
          Mom's first ride
          Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
          (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

There the same as i have on my GS1000ST, i also bought them from Suzuki.

Comment

I didn't realize I could still get these as an OEM item from Suzuki. I'm camping in Muskegon, MI at the end of June so I'm going to order them through Babbits. I'll pick them up at the store while I'm in town and save on the crazy shipping costs to Canada.

Comment

Originally posted by Skinner View Post
                I didn't realize I could still get these as an OEM item from Suzuki.
                Yep, it's somewhat amazing how much is still available.

The one I showed just above was purchased and installed within the last couple of weeks.

sigpic
                Family Portrait
                Siblings and Spouses
                Mom's first ride
                Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)

Comment

Bike Bandit, www.bikebandit.com for your bike 1981 GS650GL

11: EMBLEM CONTACT [DOHC] 1118994 $18.86

16: EMBLEM MAGNETO [SUZUKI] 1118973 $15.05

Really wasn't that hard, I get a lot of my parts from them including the emblems for one of my '82 GS1100EZ's

These are the emblems I bought,

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Comment

Originally posted by wacky941 View Post
                    Bike Bandit, www.bikebandit.com for your bike 1981 GS650GL

11: EMBLEM CONTACT [DOHC] 1118994 $18.86

16: EMBLEM MAGNETO [SUZUKI] 1118973 $15.05
                    Or, if you preffered to have the newer-style ones like I showed,

From Boulevard Suzuki (Parts Outlaw.com).

11: EMBLEM 68235-45200 $14.37

16: EMBLEM 68233-45200 $11.46.

Any wonder how Bike BANDIT earned its name?

sigpic
                    Family Portrait
                    Siblings and Spouses
                    Mom's first ride

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post

Any wonder how Bike BANDIT earned its name?
                      I've never really had the problems with them that some here have complained about.
                      Another that I use quite often is BabbittsOnline

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Comment

'82 1100e TSCC

I don't know if they are decals, but my July, 1982 Cycle World shows a silver engine with black side cases and in silver lettering, "SUZUKI," and right below that, "TSCC."

The more I look at the old pics, and the recent posts of decals, the more I think the bike came with black decals with silver letters in '82.

As for my old girl, she's just got "SUZUKI" embossed on both sides. After that, the PO just went ape-sheet with the black paint. No worries - today my "VHT gloss black high temperature engine enamel" spray can arrived in the mail, so I can touch up his ape-ness with my own ape-ness.
                        1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

No problems with BIKE BANDIT over here, not a bad company to deal with at all.
                          GED

1980 GS850G (BLACK)
                          http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=185562
                          1980 GS850G (RED) http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=219169
                          1980 GS850G (SILVER) (Coming soon)

There are old riders and there are bold riders but there are no old bold riders!!!!!!

Comment

My '80 1100 and '82 650, both silver engines came with the silver badges like the ones Steve is showing. My '83 750, black engine (also TSCC) has the black badges. If you're replacing them, it's really just a choice of preference on your part...
                            '83 GS 1100T
                            The Jet

sigpic
                            '95 GSXR 750w
                            The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Working...
                            X