No announcement yet.

Saddlemen seatcovers - quality?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im more than happy with it for my beater....

82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

I'm looking for seat covers too. I started looking at Saddlemen, read 'better' reviews about Pit Replica, then found for $100 I can go locally and have a cover made and foam adjusted, or for $130 I can send it to Sargent Cycle for a cover and foam repair. I don't know how this helps anyone who's not in the US but figured it's worth mentioning some options.

I have to say, the pic above does look pretty decent

Comment

Originally posted by bonanzadave View Post
        I'm more than happy with it for my beater....

Certainly like the look of your bike. Is that '83 red?

My '82 is '83 red, with black engine and headers.

Thanks again for that instrument cluster you sent me!
        1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by Grimly View Post
          And this has suddenly caught my eye - it's so very tempting and something I fancied getting a long time ago
          http://www.ebay.com/itm/281467002615
          You might want to think at least twice before pulling the trigger on that one.

We got one for my son's 850 and put it on. It is plenty comfortable, but it sits almost two inches higher than the stock seat, which really changes your riding position. Unless you are as tall as we are, you will also have trouble reaching the ground. We put the stock seat back on his bike and that is what was on it when we sold it.

I recently sold the Saddlemen double-bucket to a friend with a 550, who took it to a local upholstery shop, where they shaved it down and shaped it to fit the 550 pan. He really likes it.

sigpic
          mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
          hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
          #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
          #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
          Family Portrait
          Siblings and Spouses
          Mom's first ride
          Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
          (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

That saddlemen cover looks great on the 1000E. The free '79 850G I had came with a Saddlemen double bucket. It went in the dumpster. But that was just me.
            sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

Working...
            X