No announcement yet.

1984 GS1150ES cosmetic overhaul

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i've always thought that the paint scheme of the '85 flows nicely in comparison to the '84....If you need any measurements for the stripes, etc let me know.
    sigpic
    When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
    -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
    -Rusty old scooter.
    Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
    https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
      i've always thought that the paint scheme of the '85 flows nicely in comparison to the '84....If you need any measurements for the stripes, etc let me know.
      Yeah, I think the '85 was far more clean. I could definitely use a few measurements on the thicknesses of the stripes, Glen!
      "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
      ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
      1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by blowerbike View Post
        any thoughts on the Canadian(European) ES paint schemes?
        i have seen a couple that's pretty cool .
        Yes, those look good, too!
        ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
        1982 CB900f

Comment

Agreed, the Canadian bikes are cool also.....

Mr Pilot, let me know what you need when you're ready. I'll try to help you the best I can
          sigpic
          When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
          -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
          -Rusty old scooter.
          Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
          https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
          https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Cheers, Glen!
            ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
            1982 CB900f

Comment

Looking forward to the results of this experiment. There was even a thread on this forum a while back asking if anyone had done what you are doing.(Painting a bike green)
              As I recall, it had not been done. I also am in the planning stages of making a metallic green bike of some GS version myself some day. Just to be different.
              I bet it will look fantastic!

Comment

I will post a few pics once it is all done. Currently, the bike is plasti-dipped in olive to cover the previous owner's Miami Vice Black, electric blue and pink paint job.
                ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                1982 CB900f

Comment

So, basically, you are saving the bike from a fate worse than death eh?

Comment

LOL. I wanted one of these for a long time (since high school). After I sold my VMax, I started looking for one. I found a couple of total beaters, and then, along came this one. 17,000 original miles, fairly pristine aside from the pimped out paint. It had been sitting and needed the carbs overhauled and brakes rebuilt, so I grabbed it. I am still in love with it. Best motorcycle I've owned, bar none.
                    ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                    1982 CB900f

Comment

Working...
                    X