National cycle dx Windscreen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

National cycle dx Windscreen

i bought the national cycle dx screen mounted it and I ended up taking it off. It was better to ride with no windshield. I'm 6' tall and the buffeting was terrible, I drove it and adjusted this afternoon to no avail, my chest felt great but the actual helmet wind was unbearable. I'm going to return this and get a different wind screen so I'm open to suggestions I was looking at the Plexifairing III, but I am open to suggestions

Thanks
    james
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Guest; 03-23-2015, 10:18 PM.

How do you get your bike to stick to the wall like that?

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

His bike is fly, lol!

Comment

Magic lol Steve I remember your wife had a Plexifairing did she like it? Pros cons? I know your son had the dx on his L and I think the low setting makes a difference what's your opinion on this?

Comment

Ok, let me add something productive for a change. I got the screen for my FZ1 from MRA. It has a variable spoiler that, with correct adjustment, directed the wind just right with a minimum of windshield. Was kind of expensive but I love it. Here is the link to the universal version:

I hope that link works.

Comment

Also the site keeps turing every photo I try and upload

Comment

Originally posted by Gs1000g View Post
              Also the site keeps turing every photo I try and upload
              I had that too but I turned my monitor sideways and bought a bunch of tacos.

Comment

I appreciate the advice but for the price I thin I would like to have a quick detach windscreen

Comment

Magic lol Steve I remember your wife had a Plexifairing did she like it? Pros cons? I know your son had the dx on his L and I think the low setting makes a difference what's your opinion on this?
                  She did, and still does like it. I like it, too.
                  Pros? It's BIG. It provides almost as much protection as my Wing.
                  Cons? It's BIG. If you are looking for some kind of "sporty" shield, this is not it.

My son's DX is a nice little shield. I have not done more than about 20-minute rides on it, but it seemed good enough to take longer rides, if necessary. It is certainly better than NO shield.
                  Pros? It's small, but relatively effective. On the right bike, it looks like it belongs there.
                  Cons? It's small, does not provide as much protection as a larger shield.
                  You can see both of these shields by clicking on the links in my sig,
                  but I am also posting some other views.

This is with the Plexifairing II. It has shorter legs below the turn signals, but the rest is the same.

How did the angle of your shield compare to this? I don't notice much buffeting, but, at 6' 5", I might be above it.

sigpic
                  Family Portrait
                  Siblings and Spouses
                  Mom's first ride
                  Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)

Comment

I appreciate the advice but for the price I thin I would like to have a quick detach windscreen
                    It attaches similar to the National Cycle screen. Is that quick detach?

Comment

It is a quick detach, but I could not for the life of me get it adjusted where the buffeting was even tolerable. The angle was anywhere from similar to your sons angle to straight up

Comment

The problem is wind control without much windshield. You get straight up with it, it curls around the back. With the louvered one, a certain amount of air still fell on my chest but the wing kicked the rest of it up over my helmet. The key is that it isn't trying to throw all the wind over your head, it is just splitting it in a comfortable way.

Comment

Either one of those can be off the bike in about two minutes and back on in another three or four.

sigpic
                          Family Portrait
                          Siblings and Spouses
                          Mom's first ride

Comment

The main reason I want the windshield is we are planning a cross country trip in June/July and if I can make myself more comfortable than thats something I want to do, I'm not a big fan of a windscreen but I understand the functionality of them and necessity in long rides. After 3-4 hours of riding on mine my shoulders ache because it feels like I'm doing a constant pull up, I don't mind the Plexifairing II or iii

Comment

Rule of thumb, your sight line should be 2" above or below the top edge of the shield. My sight line is 2" below top edge and "everything" goes over the top, including most rain. JM2c

V
                              Gustov
                              80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
                              81 GS 1000 G
                              79 GS 850 G
                              81 GS 850 L
                              83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
                              80 GS 550 L
                              86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
                              2002 Honda 919
                              2004 Ural Gear up

Comment